Pricing and Business breakthrough

My shopping habits have changed considerably since starting my little business - I’m very particular about the things I buy and gifts I choose and it’s most probably down to the fact I now appreciate the work, effort and costs that go into each handmade item.

@HandmadebyKath - don’t worry, I may have lost out on that sale but I did sell the item to someone else who was fascinated by my list of upcycled fabrics and embellishments and thought it a lovely touch.

6 Likes

You need to find your ideal customer and market towards them. Anyone that tells you your work is too expensive is not your ideal customer.
Friends and family are not your ideal customers and it’s never wise to ask opinions of other halves who aren’t creative either (ask me how I know this!).

There are plenty of people out there that appreciate the time and skill that goes into making, but you need to find them and work out what products that they really want. Making willy nilly is a sure fire way of ending up with loads of stuff that you struggle to sell and then end up practically giving it away just to move stock on (also ask me how I know this!)

Stick to your guns re pricing and look at some of your more unusual pieces (like the mermaid tail - so cute!) as crochet has become massively popular of late and there will be lots of competition, so you want your work to stand out.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Hi as a fellow crocheter I feel your pain :sob:
I find pricing so difficult. But we must stick together and charge what we are worth !!!
We know how much yarn costs & how much time effort & skill goes into creating items!
Good luck with your shop
Angela & the whippets Chip Sky & Stan xxx

1 Like

:persevere:…It would feel nice if people appreciated how much effort is actually put into all our products. Still feeling the pinch with no sales at the moment but definitely hoping for the best :pray:. Am sure we will always have a vice versa moment too​:wink:. Good luck to you too​:bouquet:

1 Like