Rogue shops attn Admin

and now a man’s jacket from Dubai?

3 Likes

The ones I reported are still there Brenda, wondered if we left it if they would ever be found or Folksy would become the eBay alternative.

Looked at a few others but they only use Stripe and you know my history with them so a no go for me.

2 Likes

‘Handmade’ Halloween coffee cup has reappeared in a new shop.

3 Likes

That’s the shop I reported 2 days ago, then they added the led curtain now bats. They started off with just the mug to see if they could get away with it and they have.

Us reporting them seems a waste of time.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s only us that care that these things are obviously not hand-crafted in the UK?
Perhaps the simplest thing is to remove the “Newest Shops” section from the front page. Then Folksy could continue to rake in all those £60 Plus fees from idiots whose items will never be seen or searched for.

5 Likes

That would be a good idea Simone but think they may go undetected then.

Still there this morning although reported earlier this week. Damage done methinks.

2 Likes

Perhaps more of us need to volunteer to help admin actually remove these shops.

7 Likes

Add me to the “unhappy sellers” list.
And to the list, if there is one, of people prepared to help verify new shops and preserve our little bit of handmade paradise. I’m very disheartened at how easy the scammers, fakers and fraudsters find it to open a shop. They’ve found us now. Time to pull up the drawbridge and ask people to jump through a hoop or two before being allowed to open. That’s the only way I can see to protect the site and stop quality makers from giving up.

7 Likes

Fourth day and scruffy jacket, led lit curtains and Starbucks cup still there. These should be removed instantly.

3 Likes

@folksycontent I’ve reported it and sent an email to admin but thought I should also mention it here. Someone has thankfully pointed out to me this morning that the shop with the Starbucks cat mug has now cloned one of my listings into their shop.

I think the majority of the rogue activity going on right now has nothing to do with people chancing it or choosing an incorrect category - most of it is pointless Internet trolling and an attack on Folksy and likely to get worse. It may only actually be one person or a handful doing it… and I also suspect they may be monitoring this forum.

I don’t know how many new shops open per day and I understand that an application process for new shops would be cumbersome but maybe there’s a way that new shops could remain hidden until someone runs a quick eye over them.

More than happy to help in any way I can.

7 Likes

@folksycontent Have you seen the bag for 50pence and no postage, in my opinion this has to be a scam.

5 Likes

Oh my word thats awful. I knew I had seen the gorgeous bracelet somewhere before and they are charging more than double your price. I have to agree I am starting to think this is an attack to try discredit Folksy and it needs addressing as soon as possible. Sorry this has happened to you xxx

2 Likes

Yes I saw it earlier, really has to be someone just taking the mick.

2 Likes

Thank you. Tbh it’s something I made a great many moons ago and listed it along with a load of others just to try to get rid of them and it’s hardly unique. I find it hard to take it personally, but I am concerned that as things busy up towards Christmas Folksy will struggle to cope with this type of thing if the perpetrators ramp it up.

3 Likes

It could damage Folksy and us, if an order is placed on the rogue site and not fulfilled. Does not take long with sm for this type of thing to get around.

2 Likes

I think I’m being dense… I can’t spot the button to report an item? Whereabouts is it?

EDIT: ignore me, found it: duh!!

3 Likes

That’s awful @feelfeltfound ! So sorry this has happened.

Please, someone @folksycontent and @Folksyadmin - this issue needs to be addressed urgently!

6 Likes

Just reported another item this morning the GERBER pumpkin costume. Doubtful about the 2 leather or leathrr bags. Especially the 50p one!

2 Likes

Yes and note that what you are getting is the fake on in the third picture. The first image a genuine Gerber … look at the leaves at the neck, they are double thickness and puffy looking the fake one in pic 3 has flat pieces of felt/fleece, Also the Gerber has seams to create the round look but the fake one is a flat piece and will not look the same on a child as pic 1.
I get so frustrated over this and can’t help thinking that instead of Folksy taking time to find things to put in their section “our favourite finds” the time would be better spent looking for shops that do not comply with their own rules.

5 Likes

DH suggested that when you open a shop, you can list but not as a plus member but as a started shop. This would flag new shops which should be vetted for suitability the next working day. Deleted if scammers.

It is taking too long to get rid of the rubbish. I think the bamboo bag for 50p and another bag opened overnight are suspect but unsure. Let me know what you think.

2 Likes