Stupid for feeling guilty

I send a big order to Taiwan once a year and because I offer the lady free postage by-way of a thank you, I send it International Economy Overland. (I won’t go into why I don’t send it registered other than the basic cost factor as this isn’t relevant here)…anyway I sent it on Sept 15th and she has messaged me saying that the people she had ordered for were getting on her back as to when the kits would be there.

I told her that she would have to tell them to be patient and that she certainly could not expect them before 15th October and that any other way I would ask her(and her chums) to pay postage…I checked the Royal Mail site and Aisa is quoted as taking up to 8 weeks. I messages her again with the RM link and broke the bad news and haven’t heard back from her. Now I feel as if I have offended her!..I know I am silly for feeling bad but there is just nothing else I can do!..

Maggie,
I wouldn’t feel guilty, but it would have been better to give an indication of delivery time when she made the purchase, or very soon after. Then the customer could decide whether to cancel the order or not.

Trouble with world post is that it still can take a while to get there, unless one presumably pays a lot. I haven’t sold anything as far away as Taiwan, so am learning from your experiences.

The 8 weeks that Royal Mail quoted might not include any time for customs processing, and that will also be necessary, so that is a bit of an unknown unless one makes further enquiries.

Ron

1 Like

Oh no, lets pray they arrive way before the 8 weeks suggested by the RM. I think they often quote the longest time.

Maybe apologise to the lady for the longer shipping time explaining you’ve only just discovered Royal Mail have extended the time it takes for mail to arrive in Taiwan. Explain that 8 weeks is the most it should take and it could still arrive earlier. And thank her for her understand, patience and custom.

Just be very friendly, gentle and professional.

I do hope everything works out well for you both.

3 Likes

Thank you both! I have shipped to her twice before and it has never been a problem!

I think you are right Eileen, the RM quote the longest time and the chances are it will turn up before hand. I told her that due to the recent privatisation of our Royal Mail, there may be a few changes, but to hang on in there!..

Thank you for letting me get it off my chest and reassuring me that I am handling it the way you guys would.xxxxx

Good luck Maggie, if you’ve dealt with her before she should already know that things take time. Perhaps she herself was feeling the pressure if other people where on her back. I’m sure once the parcel comes she’ll be over the moon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Sweetie! I wondered that too…xx

I think the longest time quoted is to allow for problems going through Customs. As far as I’m aware, unless Customs are looking for something specific, they mostly just pull things at random for investigation. I know a friend of mine waited ages for some chain maille rings to come from USA because they were held up, even though it’s a fairly regular order.
I don’t think you should feel guilty for something which isn’t ultimately your fault xx

1 Like

Thank you darling. That is very reassuring. Much appreciated. Mxx