The guide dog puppy lady said YES!

Just noticed I didn’t show you this sketch from when Tilly was nine weeks old

and I began this sketch almost 2 weeks ago. Where the hickety-heck does time go?

3 Likes

@StephanieGuy How wonderful to be able to document the progress with your own sketches - such a talent.

1 Like

Lovely to hear how Tilly is settling in, and your sketches are beautiful.

1 Like

Aaawwwww :dog2:
Absolutley gorgeous - your artwork is lovely but not nearly as lovely as Tilly :wink: - great that you can record in this way and always look back to your sketches as well as the hundreds and hundreds of photos I’m sure you are taking :grin: D

1 Like

Pupdate! She’s 12 weeks old now so I’d better get cracking with her next sketch…

I’ll attempt to upload some photos too from my phone…

5 Likes

What a beautiful pup, she’s absolutely adorable
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

So lovely and I love how you’re documenting it. A really lovely way to keep those memories. Will a copy of these go to Tilly’s future owner? I’d love something like that. And even if her owner is blind it would still be lovely to have them read out and kept I think. :smiley:

I hope that the Guide Dogs will want to do something with it when it’s complete. I’m constantly behind though! She’s overdue another sketch - something involving my budgies as she’s met them now.

It’s a lovely idea! :slight_smile: It’a lovely following your progress.

Here’s my latest diary entry. I must take some decent photos to share too, she’s growing so fast.

2 Likes

Words fail me - simply adorable !!! D

1 Like

Popped in for my puppy fix :smiley: , and sadly there appears to be none :’(
How is gorgeous Tilly doing :confused:

Just the nudge I needed :grin:

I had fallen behind with Tilly’s sketches due to a close family bereavement on New Year’s Day. I was just thinking today that I was reaching a point where I needed to pick up again before I forgot what she was doing at each stage, so this afternoon I have done just that!

I’ll take some photos soon, hopefully tomorrow, and share them here.

You won’t believe how much she has grown!

1 Like

What a lovely thread! A friend of mine has puppy walked for a long time - in fact one of her’s became quite famous as the dog (Shirley) ended up being a medical alert dog instead of a guide dog as my friend is diabetic and the pup showed a real talent for detecting when she was going hypoglycemic. The dog and her young owner ended up on Crufts a few years back - I think it was the ‘Friends for Life’ competition bit.

My friend does get updates from the new owners of her dogs which does help to ease the parting bit - in fact she went and visited one a few days ago and watched her at work!

1 Like

I really love these diary entries. It is such a lovely way to document her progress in growing up. She is a beautiful little pup.

1 Like

Here we are at Christmas. My own festive season was truly awful so I’ve not written much in Tilly’s journal as I want this to be about her, not about me…

If you scroll back up to post 21 you’ll see the evidence of how much she has grown!

1 Like

At 18 weeks…

2 Likes

hehe cheeky pup! Do you have to train that mischief out of her before her service training starts?

Lucky me! It’s a lot like raising a toddler - I have to teach her the ways of the world including good behaviour on and off the lead, making sure she stays safe whilst playing, introduce her to all kinds of sights and sounds. I do all of her basic training - lead work, speed up, slow down, no sniffing on a walk, toileting on command, being quiet in cafes (haha yeah right) ignoring children (she loves walking past children cos she gets a treat if she ignores them), the list is endless! A big part of my job is just playing with her and bonding :heart_eyes:
Once she’s ready for big school she will leave me and live with a puppy boarder closer to the training centre. I expect her to go on or around her first birthday - that will be a bitter sweet day. Then she’ll get her in-harness training and learn how to do tricky things like know when it’s safe to cross the road and so on.

1 Like