Thinking of you week

This week is the third week of Thinking of You week, organised by the Greeting Card Association. It’s aim is to “inspire people to create a wave of love, caring and happiness by sending a card to a different person each day during this special week.”

Yes I know the GCA has a vested interest in getting more people to send cards (lol) but I genuinely agree with the principles of this, and what better card to send than a hand made card or a card printed from someone’s arty creation???

There are 5k+ sellers on Folksy apparently, so if everyone just bought even one card from one shop, it would make a huge difference.

We visited a family friend whose wife has dementia and parkinsons a while ago, and because the sight of the person we had once known as vibrant and dynamic was do different, we decided after the visit to send a card along with a gift. It was a very small action by us but it meant a huge amount to the recipient’s carer, knowing that someone had been thinking about them.

I’m pretty sure there are threads already promoting cards, so I am going to hop along and try and find one to add seven of my cards to it!

Just in case you didn’t find it there is this weekly promo thread for papercrafted items :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @HandmadeByDiane - I knew there was a thread but I searched on cards and april’s thread came up, but not a recent one. :slight_smile:

1 Like