Uploading photos

Yeah, I’ve noticed that some photos in my shop aren’t working either.

i’m also struggling to upload photos to new listings today…some worked, most haven’t. they’re definitely not sized too large…tried in several browsers but no luck so far… Doug, HALP!

Hello – just letting you know that I’m still on with this.
I’ve been going through all the logs available with a couple of experts today and believe we have found where this intermittent issue is happening.
I’ve taken some steps that I hope should fix or at least significantly reduce the occurrences of the problem, which are deploying as I type this. If they get rid of it, then great. If they reduce it then I know I’m on the right track with some more work to do. And if I see no difference after gathering a night’s worth of data then I know I need to look elsewhere tomorrow morning!
Thank you so much for your help in identifying these issues and thank you, as always, for your patience whilst we fix them.
I’ll update here when I have more news and, in the meantime, thanks again.
Doug.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Doug. Xx

@dougfolksy This is what it looks like at this moment… 22.49 as I try to delete the photos from my previous version of this listing to replace them with new ones… this has become the new normal…

I’ve finished editing it now but am still waiting for photo 3 to appear… this is what my prospective customers now see when they view my listing

00.42… This is my new green colour wheel being copied from the yellow one… Look … the 2nd thumbnail is missing ! I wiil now delete them all including the missing one which is there really I just can’t see it and add the green ones.

and here it is at 00:46 yellow photos replaced with green. one missed as it photo errored and I couldn’t be bothered to work out which it had failed on. Note missing thumbnail… !

I just wonder and worry what on earth the customers think when they see listings with photos missing like this in addition to the missing pictures from the front page and from shop fronts.

@dougfolksy 10th August 23:05 and I have with difficulty loaded the replacement photos to my listing . Got photo error once then one missing (it was there really). Then got Broken when I pressed Update so had to do all the photos again… Same again, Broken, missing photos but it did complete the update. Not impressed with how my listing looks though:

Is there any hope that this photo problem will get resolved, it is doing my head in ?.

I am aware that I have lots of photos on your server which relate to very old listings and I have offered before and am offering again… why don’t you delete listings which are say, older than 5 years and the photos attached to them… For me to do it would take days. I’m sure you could run a quick script to auto delete them all, mine and everyone elses’. Surely the more unused photos you have taking up valuable and expensive server space and being indexed etc the more processing effort is needed to find the active listings and photos ?

PS 15 minutes later my listing still looks the same… only thumbnails and as that listing is top of my first collection my shop front also has a missing picture and looks bad.

16/6/20 23.45
Here we go again. I would pin this heart onto my Pinterest board which would be excellent promotion for it but I can’t as it can’t load the image. Unlilkely a customer would order it though given the state of the photo display. @dougfolksy

I can’t even bump this topic up as nobody is responding so it won;t let me add any replies.
Signed
Fed UP

1 Like

I too noticed lots of missing photos across the site over the weekend. There is a post on the Folksy Clubhouse on Facebook complaining about it too, with lots of replies. Lots of people worried that it might be putting customers off and affecting sales.

17/08 08.17
Also, Currently “Broken but beautiful” when trying to relist @FolksyStaff
Thanks

I have had pages not loading with ‘Application error’ message a couple of times over the weekend, plus images missing from various areas.

Edit: I have just tried to relist some items and I’m getting 'We are broken (but we’re beautiful) message.
:smirk: :pleading_face:

I had problems yesterday too…My sales have plummeted on folksy…nothing now since 3rd July, yet selling well elsewhere. I looked through my shop and on a lot of my listings, all that was showing was a thumbnail image, so any visiting customer would be unable to view the item properly. I wonder if this is putting customers off.
When I checked my listings from my dashboard, some of them didn’t even show a picture !
This is such a shame as I love Folksy.

Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know about the issue with photos. I’ve alerted Doug and asked him to investigate as soon as possible. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

1 Like

I’m having trouble uploading my photos, never before have I encountered this, they are all below the 5 MB limit :thinking: