Was there a post about a missing parcel?

I’m sure I saw a post about a week ago about a missing parcel but I’ve searched the forums and I can’t find it now.

There was a post about a non delivery case opened in paypal - is that the one you are thinking of? Its possible that it was deleted by the poster as it went off topic.
Are you having issues with missing/ severely delayed parcels?

Yes, a parcel I posted 12 days ago hasn’t been delivered. In 11 years, I’ve only ever had one go missing before and I just wanted to read the post again. I think it has been deleted.

Here is a link to the royal mail incidents page https://www.royalmail.com/service-update

Was your delivery going to either of those delivery offices/ post codes?

That post was more about the customer having raised a very early Paypal claim.
How did you post your missing parcel ?

Just ordinary second class Joy - tracking is just too expensive.

I couldn’t see any incidents Sasha.

I had something posted e a couple of weeks ago which was tracked and it arrived 7 days after RM said it was going to.

If the item was a Large Letter or Parcel, it comes with delivery confirmation, so have you checked what the tracking says on RM track & trace?

Does it do that if it was just ordinary post? I didn’t send it tracked because it’s so expensive.

You do get some sort of code on the postal slip. May be worth keying it into RM track and trace to see if it tells you anything.

Of my count on one hand missing parcels one was where I lost a digit on the street name when I copy / pasted. Customer was not impressed but did retrieve it from further form the street.
Sure you will have checked they provided correct address.

Yes, I wouldn’t have commented if it wasn’t true. UK large letters and parcels come with delivery confirmation

Oh thanks - I’ll go and check.

I’ll check with them - it’s a very long street as their number was 778. I did ask them to knock on 787 in case the postman hit mixed up but I never thought to ask them to verify their address.

I’ve just checked with tacking and it says they haven’t attempted to deliver it yet. So it’s either really late or lost somewhere.

Thanks so much for your help folks. This is the little sweetie that’s lost :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh I hope she finds her way home. Adorable. Probably stopped off at the sweetie shop on the way :heart:

Ha ha - maybe she has x

I wouldn’t presume that it’s lost. My guess is that delivery was attempted and no one was home so the postie took it back to the depot and didn’t leave a red card or update the tracking details.
So presuming that the buyer has confirmed that the delivery address is correct, I would arrange redelivery online. Guess the date on card, leave the tracking number off if RM doesn’t accept it and put your email and phone number in at the end