Weekly Art Chat thread W/C 17th August

Thanks, Margaret! :slight_smile:
I used Uni Pin fineliner, Promarkers and dry Inktense pencil. I normally use the Inktense pencils with water, but was trying something different with this. Tessellating just means that there are no gaps or overlapping when a shape is repeated. M.C Escher did amazing work changing the repeating shapes into reptiles, birds etcā€¦
Hereā€™s a link to some of his work:
http://www.mcescher.com/gallery/symmetry/

1 Like

Oooh I do love me a bit of tessellation especially with my kids :ā€™) Off to look at your painting in more detail Pam

Very interesting Pam, the patterns are relaxing to look at, I like Escherā€™s butterflies best from that link :smile:

1 Like

Good morning everyone, lovely work from everyone yesterday, I had a lovely crafty day using my new paints, had lots of fun, work is still drying so iā€™ll post pics later on.

well done on the gift guide Lowri, just noticed Iā€™m in there too with some earrings and Hazel as well :smile:

wowee Sara you are the busiesrt girl in the village! remember to pace yourself and take proper breaks or youā€™ll burn yourself out!

2 Likes

paint is just about dry so just listed the first one, ths one is mixed media with tissure, gilding, pebeo paints to give it some shimmer as well as the handwriting, glitter and collage with vintage book paper

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one special box Max. Which pebeo paints did you buy?

Iā€™ve just had my first sale on folksy in quite a while YAY!

And hereā€™s a new listing (youā€™ve seen the painting before)

1 Like

Thanks Stephie, I bought Prisme and the outliner in clear, black and gold :slight_smile:

1 Like

you need to get some of the vitrail too - the effects when you put them together is AMAZING

The box looks precious @paperchainsandbeads, lovely. :smile:
@teabreaks, your landscapes always look so inviting, Iā€™d love to go for a walk in that painting.
Love your design @phoenixprojects

Iā€™ve been a little wishy washy- I always am after what I feel is an un-succesful painting, but I finished this girl off today, and I love her. Iā€™ve been busy updating my website today too.

3 Likes

Lowri @twinkleandgloomart have you tried submitting your paintings to any of the card companies? I think ones like this would sell really well in places like hallmark etc.

Great work all :smile:

Here is another one of my encaustic art flower paintingsā€¦

https://folksy.com/items/6703314-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-GLITTER-002-

1 Like

beautiful book Max, the colours youā€™ve used are gorgeous too.

Stephie, your bike painting is very sweet, and I think youā€™re right about Lowriā€™s paintings, theyā€™d make great cards!

You take after your mother for your love of glitter Kelly! Another lovely painting from you :smile:

Waving Margaret, hope things are settling down again at work for you. All this change is a challenge!

Very striking Kelly, the colours really stand out well against the black.

Hereā€™s my July sketch diary blog

Oh yes Louisa, I love my glitter lol And thank-you for your kind comment.

Thank-you Steph for your kind comment also :slight_smile:

Hiya allā€¦

https://folksy.com/items/6703725-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-GLITTER-003-

Hi Kelly, love your glittery flowers, weā€™ve moved on to this weekā€™s thread now, so you might want to show it on that instead of last weekā€™s thread! :smile:

:smile: Ooppsā€¦ Will do that now X