Weekly Art Chat w/c 9th June

Get well soon Annabel…
waving Fatema

1 Like

Hope you’re fully recovered soon Annabel

1 Like

Hope those who are not feeling well soon feel better.

Fab paper cuts Fatema!

Here’s my drawing for the next challenge, I mean exercise in my book:

It’s not really on sepia coloured paper, but this shows up the drawing better as the light had gone before I was ready to photograph it :smile: Still doesn’t look very clear, but hopefully you can see what kind of flower it is!

3 Likes

That looks complicated Margaret! Looks like it will keep you entertained for a while.

I spent the morning touching up a painting of the dining car of the Orient express while my friend borrowed my kitchen to prepare food for a surprise party this weekend, and now I’m about to watch the next Derwent exercise.

1 Like

It is complicated! Lol! Lots of frilly bits. I shall study the instructions carefully before I begin.

I submitted my lesson 2 drawing yesterday but have had nothing back at all yet. If I don’t hear anything tomorrow I’ll submit it again.

1 Like

I think you all probably already know about the Big Draw
It has good events and comps encouraging everyone to draw

http://www.campaignfordrawing.org/home/index.aspx

1 Like

Morning, all, thanks Gaynor I will look into that with the post office. Love the papercuts Fatema. Brenda Folksy is doing the form I read it on the newsletter :slight_smile:

New listing today
http://folksy.com/items/6250141-Artwork-Butterfly-Vintage-Paper-Pen-Ink-Guilt-Size-10-x-8-Free-UK-P-P

back after work, enjoy your day everyone

1 Like

Morning everyone. I love the vintage paper art you do Max - that one’s lovely.

I had a whole afternoon to myself yesterday so worked on a preliminary sketch for the water lily painting. Should be finished today and I might even get to start painting. My friends like to see the work in progress so I’ll put the sketch on my new FB page later.

Happy hump day

Gaynor

Max have you heard of Tag Tuesday? Would suit your style down to the ground!

Gaynor what is hump day???

Here’s a new listing, this one is in brusho with bleach (so definitely needs keeping away from direct sunlight) and ink

1 Like

Fab moth Stephie! Hump day is Wednesday, as it’s the middle of the week, after this it’s downhill to the weekend! :smile:

Gaynor, I look forward to seeing your WIP on FB

Fatema, I haven’t looked at the Big Draw yet, but I will!

lovely butterfly Max

1 Like

Morning all…Gaynor, you gave me a giggle…where I come from I KNOW what humping is !!! (I’m off to the naughty corner again)
Waving…
Great work Max.
Lovely Moth Stephie…love the mottled background.
Waving Margaret.
Just listed this one…

1 Like

Hump day comes from the USA
Mr C uses it about moving heavy objects like suitcases, our sons used ROLF when he talked about humping suitcases.
Well done on the FP sale Brenda
Off in a mo to take Mr C to the station and then i might paint my new rose bought yesterday It’s called Hot Chocolate.

1 Like

lovely purple scene Brenda,

Tessa, your new rose sounds wonderful, look forward to seeing it painted!

Talking of chocolate, I’ve got a nice big box of Milk Tray all to myself today, just for giving someone a lift into the office and back. I’m very lucky that I have such generous colleagues! :smile:

1 Like

Hi, everyone, sorry I didn’t make it back yesterday, as soon as I’d got my little ones to bed I went to bed myself. I had a headache for most of the day yesterday, thankfully it seems to have gone now.

That looks very detailed Margaret and mmmm chocolates!!

He he Brenda, I know what humping is too :wink: Fab picture!!

The moth and butterfly are great too.

I had a email from the lady who bought my daisy ACEO, it really made my day yesterday! Can’t resist sharing.

‘Just to let you know the Daisy Aceo card arrived in the post this morning. I absolutely love it – thank you. Daisies are a favourite of mine so I plan to frame the card and display in my study where I spend a lot of time.’

I may be back later with something, it just depends on whether I have any time to finish anything off.

2 Likes

Lol, humping, chocolates and a rose called hot chocolate , made me laugh just what I needed after the bus ride where woman shouts obscenities at driver because she missed her stop, ( the whole journey chatting loudly on phone, continues throughout argument too) then she rants about foreigners to which another passenger starts arguing then fight, phew that ruined my morning of calm.

1 Like

Ema we were on a bus once when that happened, not nice.
Wish I could transport you to the rose garden where i was painting yesterday, don’t know if this will work on here

1 Like

Lol Brenda, hence my question!

Nice calming purples there Brenda, just what we need today, son has one of his most important exams today and he’s very nervous.

Yum to that chocolate :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s wonderful feedback Maria, it makes it all worth while :smile:

Yikes Ema, sounds nasty.

Tessa that rose garden looks heavenly, did it smell nice too?

1 Like

Afternoon ya all, just sneaking on in lunch break for a peek and from what I’ve read a giggle too! @StephanieGuy, Stephie never heard of Tag Tuesday, will have to research that

1 Like

It smelt fantastic, didn’t want to leave,
Tag Tuesday?

1 Like

The rose garden looks lovely, the sort of place I would love to visit!

Ema, that sounds a bit scary!

Added a little blue bird :smile:

2 Likes