Weekly Art Chat w/c 9th June

The place to show and chat about art of all kinds

Morning, waving hi to everyone. Hope to have a couple of new listings later on this week, got a lost parcel to deal with this evening :(. First time that has happened since I’ve been selling, guess I’ve been lucky so far!

Looking forward to seeing your paintings Margaret

Just give this one an airing

back later :smile:

4 Likes

Love that one Max.
Mine for today…

3 Likes

Lovely scenes Max and Brenda.

I’ll show my cosmos painting here, even though some of you have seen it on FB, as not everyone here is over there :smile:

I’m still working on the rock painting, I’m using the many layers technique, so I have to keep leaving it to dry.

7 Likes

Good Morning Max, Brenda and Margaret :smile:

yes I have been admiring your beautiful piece on FB Margaret, I think this is my favorite piece of yours :smile:

lovely sunrise Brenda :smile:

Great tile max, wonderful colours, hope you get your parcel issue sorted OK.

This is not new but I thought I would show it today …

Have a good day all

Hazel

3 Likes

Morning Brenda, Margaret and Hazel. I love that one Margaret it’s just beautiful :).

Still love the monochrome Hazel

Lovely spring landscape Brenda

1 Like

Morning!

Max that tile is gorgeous, the textures and colours are amazing.

Lovely scene Brenda.

Margaret your cosmos is wonderful, I think this technique really suits you. You’ll be able to loosen it up as you practice if that’s where you want to go with it. Looking forward to seeing your rock.

Love those poppies Hazel, very ethereal.

I don’t have anything new either today, so here is an oldie. It comes in a mount - must take a photo of the whole package.

3 Likes

wow…some lovely work here today…Margaret, that is stunning
Hazel I love black and white paintings…
Stephie…that is beautiful, love the middle of the flower with all the colours
I like the home page…one of my paintings is on there…since they have changed things, I have been on there a couple of times…like,like…lol

2 Likes

Yes the new front page is much better now that the most liked, recently liked and sold items are showing. It feels more vibrant and worth visiting, and I have made a purchase through the front page this week so it definitely works.

I’m never going to make a profit, I keep spending on new art materials before the last lot have paid for themselves :confused: Today’s purchase is a set of faber castell pitt pens in black. I really hope that they are as waterproof as they claim, some waterproof pens I’ve had in the past have bled when I’ve added watercolour on top.

1 Like

Morning :smile:

I’ve got to poppy aceos to show today

Love the tile Max.

Brenda that looks just like to sort of place like to visit

Margaret that is gorgeous!! I’ve been playing with watercolours this weekend, the results at not pretty!! Don’t think using watercolours is for me!

Hazel, the monochrome is stunning, I spotted it in folksys monochrome guide the other day!

Stephie, love the bright orange in your picture! I noticed that about the front page, why has the numbers browsing increased so much??

1 Like

Maria those are just lovely…
Off out playing taxi today (hubby’s dental appointment) back later

2 Likes

Lovely pics everyone.
Hazel I haven’t seen your monochrome one before, it’s really effective.

I have heard from Derwent this am, I have finished no 6 and chosen Inktense.

1 Like

That is stunning Stephie :slight_smile:

Love the poppies Maria

I have been doodling with my ink pens again and my Dad came yesterday with some canvas boards he had bought for me, not suitable for my encaustic but I was wondering about using the ink and water on them? I googled it and read that it was best to rub them down with sandpaper first to remove some of the gesso ? Any thoughts anyone ? Maybe @Stephanieguy ?

1 Like

Thanks Tessa :slight_smile:

Hazel if you’re using the speedball elegant writer pen then I wouldn’t remove the gesso, it makes a nice water resistant surface for moving the ink around. This is one that I did on paper that I prep’d with gesso

2 Likes

Just relisted this

1 Like

Thanks Stephie - yes I am using that pen - it’s really fun - I have a sketch pad now too but I thought as my Dad had bought these for me it might be nice to try them, I’ll give it a go as they are :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info - really appreciate it and your tea dance is wonderful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Changed the listing to offer a choice of images

1 Like

Where do you buy the speedball pen from please?..and do you have to buy a set?
Must say the work on here today is stunning!!
Jeanie x

1 Like

Jeanie, I bought mine from the US, not sure if it’s the same one, I don’t have the link from work sorry.

Thanks for the Cosmos love, apologies to those who’ve already seen it! :smile:

Fab work everyone, I love Stephie’s flower, and the centre of it in particular. Maria’s poppies are very pretty too.

My sunflower from Max came today and is sooo cute! Thanks for the poppy too that is gorgeous! :smile:

2 Likes

This is the set I bought Jeanie, it ships from the US but is free delivery so quite a bargain really. You don’t need all four, I just use the fine nibbed one. It’s chiselled so you get a very fine point or a fat line depending on the angle you use it at. It’s great fun, I carry mine everywhere with me :smile:

1 Like