Weekly Art Chat w/c 9th June

I find it difficult to fully dissolve them on the paper, so I’m left with pencil lines. I did like them on denim though, I should try again really.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted my drawing for lesson 2 now, copying what he did was easy. I expect it will get harder as the lessons progress. No idea what I want at the end of it though. I’m just doing it as a challenge.

3 Likes

No 3 is a bird using coloured pencils. I watched it all first then started out doing the blue tit at the same time as Dee. I think it would be better to pause it on an eg she shows first and copy the outline. I ended up going back and doing that because although I could follow the techniques I couldn’t see the overall shape while she was working.

1 Like

Morning waving hi to everyone

Newly listed today

3 Likes

Morning all…here is my one for today (lovely work as always Max)

1 Like

Max - make sure you put a claim in with the Post Office for the lost parcel. Gaynor

Good morning everyone. Popping in to get some inspiration from your beautiful work.

I am finally at home, with no guests, and no deadlines - how lovely. And that means I will get to do some painting today. I have a beautiful photograph of a water lily which I’ve attempted before. I was experimenting with glazing at the time and, having got the perfect colour for the lily, ruined it with the glaze. The painting was abandoned at that point but I’ve been itching to give it another go so will start today.

I’ve some new materials too including hot pressed paper which I’ve never tried before. I’m going to give my watercolour pencils a go on that at some stage. Any tips gratefully received.

Max and Brenda - love both of yours today. Max because the colour is so rich and vibrant. Brenda because the colour is so subtle and delicate.

Happy Tuesday all.

Gaynor

Gorgeous trees Max, not surprised they sold so quickly

Fab scene Brenda

Gaynor, I’ve been painting my recent flowers on hot pressed paper which I’d never used before and I really love it! It’s more expensive that the other kind but worth it. I love it’s smooth surface for flowers and the white of the paper shines through the transparent paint. I’ll definitely be getting some more of it. I look forward to seeing your lily painting when it’s finished.

I didn’t get chance last night to work any more on my Rock challenge painting as I was doing the perspective lesson for the Derwent Art Academy, but at least I’m painting/drawing most days now, which has to be good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Margaret it’s really good that you’re finding time to paint, you’re coming along in leaps and bounds! Are you still looking after the neighbour’s garden?

Gaynor I use all sorts of paper. I like the smooth one for ink sketches but not so much for watercolours or pencils.

Gorgeous sunset painting Max and that’s a very pretty scene Brenda. I see you sold one yesterday, was it your front pager?

I’ve finally got my tax return out of the way HUZZAH so I can get back to creating again :smiley:

1 Like

Yes Stephie, I look after a couple of neighbours small gardens as well as my own. I’m hoping our new next door neighbours will let me look after theirs too. They haven’t moved in yet so haven’t been able to ask. I just love gardening and have too many plants so I like having other gardens to move the surplus to.

I’m painting more with having my new easel, and also I’m realising that paintings don’t have to be finished in one day. I can treat them more like my sewing and can take as long as it takes, doing one small part each day and it will get finished eventually.

I’m loving this rock challenge, I’ve done most of my sea, and tonight I might try some clingfilm technique on the rocks, then a bit of splattering maybe. It’s great fun! :smile:

2 Likes

waving to everyone.
Yes Stephie it was the painting on the front page…just shows how it helps to be on there.
I am lucky that I have a friend who is an accountant and does my tax returns for me (for free)./ The only worry is that he always leaves it until January, by which time I am getting into panic mode !!

1 Like

yes it is great when you realise that you don’t have to complete a painting, you can enjoy the steps and work on more than one, I’m sure @teabreaks said she does that.
I’m a little too impatient though, I can do that with knitting and sewing but not drawing and painting, I like to have it done, maybe I should be a bit more sensible about it.
I am not very good with my garden, as long as it’s good for the kids we are happy, but I do long for pretty border and so I think you would be the perfect neighbour @Louisa15

Well it is a gorgeous day here ,waves to everyone, hope its a good one for you all

1 Like

I’ve just listed this tree that I painted 2 summers ago in Cornwall

2 Likes

Hi, just popping in before school pick up, got a bit of a head ache today.

I will come and see what you’ve all been up to when I can snatch some quiet time!!

3 Likes

OK…You all know that I easily get into panic mode over anything technical. I have just been reading the new rules that come into place this week. One of the things is that we have to supply a form for customers to fill in for any cancellations… Folksy say that they will supply a form in PDF format…well that is double Dutch to me …all I know is copy and paste and how can customers fill in a form that is in our shops? I would hate to have to leave Folksy because I cannot work this out. Sheesh, why do they complicate life…
Hopefully no one will ever want to cancel an item but apparently we have to supply one anyway !! SO…will this mean that we have to go to every item in our shop and put a form there…(assuming I can ever work it out !!)

aaargh

1 Like

Don’t panic Brenda, I’m sure it will be dealt with by the folksy system - but I have tagged James in the other thread to get clarification.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am having a clear

out of the papercut aceos I did in Dec, I think they will make a great collection together, so I am selling it at a clearance price

I haven’t seen that info yet, off to read it, but I think it will make it easier and hopefully help with any cancellations for no reason if they happen

1 Like

They’re very pretty Fatema, I’m sure someone will snap them up at that price. What weight paper did you use?

Ooh I’m confused now Ema, I always thought your name was Fatema!

Doh just realised that Ema could be short for Fatema. I’ll shut up now and go sit in the corner.

2 Likes

It is thin, sorry not sure of the weight, I bought it as ready cut Aceo paper
Lol, yes that is it
I think the paper has to be thin to get a clean cut with the scalpel, unless you use a really good quality one, which would be necessary if you were thinking of doing paper cut cards, I found my blades were not good enough for decent thickness paper, It is enjoyable doing paper cut but shapes are tricky esp circles

2 Likes

Evening everyone, wonderful work as usual.

I haven’t been very well, still a bit washed out but feeling a lot better and managed to do my first newsletter today. Probably should have started one months ago but better late than never! You can opt in here http://eepurl.com/V3IsP and happy to receive feedback.

I have a relist today
Annabel

1 Like