Weekly art chat. w/c June 30th

I know what you mean Brenda :smile:

I would love to be a full time artist but for now I work too, my Art In wax hasn’t cost me anything, all the equipment and wax and supports, plus fees etc etc have all paid for themselves and a little bit extra for my handmade treats … it is an advantage that my boss is so understanding though, if I need a painting day then the web work has to fit in around it lol

I guess we have to keep our options open and I will be keeping my Etsy shop too, but with the miniatures and the wax on wood as they are better over there for me …

2 Likes

Ooh thank you Hazel :smiley: made my day

2 Likes

I am in need of a treat and this is perfect Max so exited to see it in real life …

I must stop typing now and go and take some pictures :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see your sketches Stephie and that butterfly is gorgeous!

Max your butterfly album is lovely too.

Dad’s check up went OK and they’ve removed the catheter in the hope he’ll be able to manage without it. If not, it’ll be another trip to A&E so I’ve come into work for the afternoon to save the holidays. Had a lovely morning in the sunshine in Nantwich though, so not a bad day overall :smile:

3 Likes

Glad your Dad is OK Margaret - it is a worry - I know from personal experience, hopefully he will feel better and all will improve :slight_smile:

It’s a lovely sunny day here too which is great as hubby is working outside today (he’s a decorator) and wearther dependant at the moment !!!

1 Like

That’s great news Margaret! Hope he continues to improve.

I’m off on a girls trip to Oxford with my daughter this afternoon - we’ll be taking in the university open day tomorrow. Should be fun! I wonder what the house will be like leaving the boys (18yr old son and hubs) home alone? Catch up with you all tomorrow after I’ve sorted out the inevitable pile of dishes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

have fun in Oxford Stephie, should be lots of opportunities for you to do some sketching there! :smile:

1 Like

I’ve just succumbed to the charms of the sepia butterfly with the beautiful background! :smile:

My first art purchase for a few weeks. There’s absolutely no rush to send it as I know you’re busy preparing to go to Oxford. Anytime when you come back will be fine.

1 Like

quiet in here today…

1 Like

It’s been very quiet today Margaret guess everyone is enjoying the sun :).

1 Like

Thank you Margaret :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It will be in the post on Thursday.

We’ve arrived in Oxford at last , our train was delayed so it felt like a long journey, even though it made up most of the time on the last leg.

I brought my inktense blocks on an impulse and painted a sunflower on the way down here. It’s an interesting experience, painting on a train, it forces you to loosen up - you can’t be too fussy when you’re rattling and swinging along from side to side!

3 Likes

Hope the day goes well for you Stephie.

Here’s another of the albums
http://folksy.com/items/6418491-Photo-Scrap-Album-Hand-Illustrated-Butterfly-on-Vintage-Paper-Free-UK-P-P

2 Likes

Loving your books Max…well done on all your sales.
Just listed this larger one today.

8 Likes

Lovely Brenda

So looking forward to my book coming Max I love this range of yours

Hope you have a good day Stephie :slight_smile:

I have some more listing to do today, making the most of my new plus account :slight_smile:

Back later

Hazel

4 Likes

Just listed these two A4 pieces would make a great pair displayed together

http://folksy.com/items/6418621-Original-Art-Pink-flowers-A-striking-wall-art-painting

http://folksy.com/items/6418611-Original-Art-Purple-flowers-A-striking-wall-art-painting

4 Likes

ooh quiet here today. I mentioned last week I had been making some new display stands. Here’s the finished item in situ at last weekends fair.

1 Like

Wow Max, that looks great! Shows off your items really well. Love today’s album too, very pretty.

Hazel, love those flowers, I was having a stroll through your shop earlier, it’s looking really good.

Brenda, that bluebell wood is stunning!

I’m leading another walk at lunchtime and the sun is shining. I think I’ll take them across the fields today, none of them will know the route so hopefully they’ll enjoy it :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Margaret I really appreciate that :slight_smile: I am giving my folksy shop my best shot … Taking new photos etc and listing lots of paintings some new, some earlier pieces that have and haven’t been online before :slight_smile:

Having the plus account has encouraged me to list more :slight_smile:

Enjoy your walk Margaret - where you work sounds lovely and such a nice idea to get your colleagues out in the lovely sunshine

That is a lovely display Max - looks very inviting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello all. Pleased to hear Dad seems to be on the mend Margaret.

Lovely work from everyone. Brenda - I think that is my very favourite of yours ever. It’s beautiful!

I have finally managed to get the Water Lily finished - it seems to have taken me ages. Anyway, here it is:

I think it’s going to be another Land Rover next :blush:

Take care

Gaynor

4 Likes

that’s lovely Gaynor I do love a waterlily :slight_smile:

1 Like