What are you reading?

Oh it’s so sad, but so good!

1 Like

I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
It was recommended by a friend, and I can’t put it down.
I’m aiming to read 50 books this year. I love reading! :smile:

1 Like

New book club read is The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins. I have ordered it from the library, but I noticed I was no. 111 on the reserve list, of 160 copies!! May get it by the next meeting! Anyone else read it?
Suzzie x

Yes, Suzie, I read it at Christmas - goodness that’s a long reserve list. Have you read “the curious Incident of the dog in the nighttime” I think that was on the best seller list too. I have just finished it :smiley:

Yep, read that, and enjoyed it very much.
Last year I read The 13th tale and The Wake, both a very good read if you need inspiration.
Good thing about long reserve lists, is that when you do finally get the book, it concentrates the mind as you only have a few days to finish it!
There is always a silver lining in my world!
Suzzie x

1 Like

I really want to read it but haven’t found it cheap enough yet!

Who would have thought it… and in Bring up the Bodies’ there are even more surprises… (Really enjoyed both of them. )

I’m currently reading The Seeker… historical novel/mystery based in the years after the civil war during the protectorate… loving it so far

I’m reading Born Wicked, The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood.
I’m ploughing my way through my 17 year old daughters extensive collection of super natural books (Twilight got her started) in the hope that one day (after 5 years) she will let me read one of the 3 books she has been writing herself, by reading her books I’m hoping I’m on the same wave length and I can give her the encouragement she needs to self publish.

1 Like

I have just started reading the twilight books. I brought them yesterday and I’m already nearly finished the first book.
I’m also reading a book on the princes in the tower and I’m rereading the hunger games.
For some reason I can never just read one book at a time. Does anyone else do that?

1 Like

Hi Karen, I know your comment is from a while ago but I had to respond. I’m only five mins from Wentworth Woodhouse and love the place (I remember when it was a teacher training college years ago, which was partly why I wanted to teach). You are right, the book would make a good replacement for Downton. I was intrigued by the links with the Kennedy family.
I’m going to check out your things for sale later. Small world isn’t it!
Di

Wow thats amazing, very good luck to her. Depending on the genre Caffeine Nights the publishers are always on the look out for new authors? @TandMArtsandCrafts

Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 I have a book for bed time, a book in the car for when I am waiting for the children, and graphic novels downstairs as my daughter is trying to get me to read these :frowning:

This thread has already got my wishlist of books growing :smiley: thank you all :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m currently reading ‘A Good Yarn’ by Debbie Macomber’.
My physio doesn’t want me to knit at the moment as I have a bad shoulder. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: it’s so frustrating when I want to be building up my shop stock!
So I’m reading about knitters instead!

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one.
Don’t I have a wish list the length of my arms put together.
My friend always gets my a 20quid gift card from waterstones every birthday and Christmas.
I didn’t read much last year so I have quite a few books to catch up on too.
Me and my friend do three challenges every year. There’s the category challenge were you have to read a book from each book category in the year. The 100 book challenge were you have to read 100 books in a year and the top 100 books were you read the top 100 books from last year. It’s quite fun.

1 Like

Yes I have read The Girl on the Train @thistledownandHOPE . I really enjoyed it. It is one of those books you don’t want to put down, so you will read it quickly!
I am currently reading Night and Day by Virginia Woolf. I thought I should read something a little more high brow than my usual ’ cosy crime’ ! It is the first Woolf book I have tackled. And yes it is a book you can easily put down, but it does seem to get me off to sleep quickly!

Your daughter can self publish on Fanfiction if she wants to to get the feel of seeing her work in print- they have, or had, a section for original work.

People diss it but it is good grounding and getting outside reviews is always good.

I’ve spent the last three months reading all 8 of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon - they are massive reads, each one is 800 - 1200 pages long! I loved them! I’ve also seen the first tv series on Amazon prime, that is excellent too - the second series is in production. They are about Claire ( a married nurse ) who just after the Second World War visits Scotland with her husband on a second honeymoon. Whilst visiting a stone circle on her own she is whisked back in time to 1743 where she meets Jaime Fraser a highlander outlaw…

I only discovered these books because of the TV series but they have a HUGE following! I probably didn’t discover them (the first book was written over 20 years ago ) because they were labeled ‘romance’ ( I don’t read romance novels, I mostly read sci fi/ fantasy, thrillers or crime novels ), which they are but they are also so much more.

1 Like

Oh Linda @wildrosedesigns you tempted me and I have just bought the first one.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll love it Rachel. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @GreenwoodMakes and @plainprimitives I will pass those onto her, watch this space, maybe she will let me put a snippet on here and you can all check it out.

1 Like