What are you reading?

Just about to start reading the famous five with my little girls so takes me back to when I was little

2 Likes

Really enjoying the book, now have the next two to read too :smiley: thank you for your recommendation.

1 Like

I got side tracked from reading The Girl on the Train, have to start it asap, as book club meets in 10 days or so, but have nearly finished Man Called Ove, oh what a funny, sad, wonderful book, totally recommend it.
Suzzie x

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it Rachel. Iā€™ve read all eight books, waiting for book nine! Iā€™ve also read a couple of the Lord John books too. :blush:

Half way through ā€˜You Are Deadā€™ by Peter James, excellent read as always from him.

Iā€™m reading Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) at the moment, canā€™t seem to stop reading it. I hope she hurries up with the next one!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just finished reading ā€˜Woolā€™ by Hugh Howey, itā€™s the first in a trilogy of books about a post apocalyptic world where the survivors live in a huge silo buried underground. Everyone has their own job to do, their own place in the order that keeps the world running smoothly. The population is carefully controlled with only the lottery winners allowed to try for a baby - lotteries are held when people die or are sent outside for cleaning. Cleaning involves being sent outside in an airtight suit similar to a space suit to clean the camera lenses with a pad of wool, the cameras give the only view of their unihabitable world. There is no return from cleaning, one of the crimes to merit being sent to clean is to talk about the outside or to express an interest in or desire to go outsideā€¦

A great read, Iā€™m already reading book 2.

1 Like

Thanks for that recommendation, I was looking for a new dystopian series for my teenage son :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to be of help Annie :slight_smile:

I finished ā€˜A man called Oveā€™, it made me laugh out loud and cry all in the same chapter, BRILLIANT.
Now I have started ā€˜The Girl on the Trainā€™, few chapters in and I am hooked.
Suzzie x

I have finished Girl on the Train, if anyone wants it I am happy to post it on to them for the price of the postage.

Iā€™ve very recently finished The Widow by Fiona Barton. It was part of quite a dramatic story.

I borrowed it from the executive lounge at our hotel as I had nothing to read when our room was broken into and all our digital equipment : Camera, Hudl, Kindle (which I had preloaded with lots of lovely holiday reading matter :frowning: ) was all stolen.
So No camera to entertain when we were out and no Kindle / books to read when in.

Almost ruined my holiday.

Fortunately the Widow was excellent and I ended up bringing it home with me ā€¦ I was just finishing it on the last morning, sitting on the balcony in the sun, when there was an awful sound of breaking glass and a loud scream from Bob.
He was trying to secure my broken-locked suitcase, down on his haunches, when he slipped a footstep backwards, into the mirror on the wall behind.
Ouch. Iā€™d show you photos but you donā€™t want to see 13 stitches (removed today) down his back.

Anyway we ended up with a paramedic then a dash to hospital (weā€™d "doneā€™ the police station 4 days before !) with hotel manager driving our hire car, to get his wound cleaned and stitched and we caught the plane. The Widow went with me so I could finish it !

Iā€™m now reading ā€œKill me Againā€ by one of my favourite authors Rachel Abbott.

On my new Kindle (and I downloaded all my other books and made sure the stolen one has been deactivated as well as registered) which the Insurance company will be reimbursing me for any day now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: As soon as Iā€™m sure about that Iā€™ll be replacing the camera too :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m reading another one of my daughters books, Winter, its the last in a trilogy which started off with Cinder - a modern take on Cinderella.
Its ok, good to wind down with!

2 Likes

I want to read the Rachel Abbott book - Iā€™ve read her others and they were very good. Glad youā€™ve sorted a new kindle out Joy x

1 Like

Just started today Dying in the wool by Frances Brody. Itā€™s a mystery. Never read one of her books before. Itā€™s my 8th book so far this year!!

1 Like

Just started book 4 Linda @wildrosedesigns with the next three on the way. I havent been affected so much by a set of books for a long time. Even when I am out walking or doing chores Clare and Jamie keep popping into my head. Thank you

1 Like

The Other Wind by Ursula Le Guin. I love her books.

A Place called Winter by Patrick Gale.
I am on chapter 5 and very confused!!
But will carry on hoping the loose ends will sort themselves out and this book has a ā€˜goodā€™ ending
Suzzie x

Itā€™s a really addictive series isnā€™t it Rachel @GreenwoodMakes? I finished the series months ago but theyā€™re still there in my head ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m reading ā€œthe lies we tell ourselvesā€ by Robin Talley. Based in Virginia during 1959. It follows two girls who are on opposites sides of a civil rights movement. Very powerful book.