Folksy Ltd

What I would love to sell today 2019

(Christine E.) #1

I thought I’d revive the old “What I would love to sell today” thread as it seems that my original “Handmade in the UK showcase” was confusing people.
I’m just trying to get Folksy picked up by Google, as one of my items was picked up via a forum thread.

Show anything “you would like to sell today” from your shop with a brief description.

I thought this would be a nice thread for people who can’t list regularly and don’t “qualify” for many other threads.

3 Likes
(Christine E.) #2

Moon gazing hares brooch in silver pewter with rainbow moonstone

4 Likes
(Brenda Cumming) #3

sorry to be ignorant but what is Voysey?

(Christine E.) #5

Designer Charles Voysey. Google seems to have picked it up from a showcase on the forums. I was hoping some people might be interested in joining in. You can showcase anything in the hope it might be picked up. It doesn’t have to be anything to do with Charles Voysey, that was just an example of what can happen :slight_smile:

(Linda Austin) #6

It is definitely worth doing, there are so many influences and inspirations in many of the items we make, whether is is Charles Voysey, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, nature, Van Gogh. Just having a quick look on folksy with names of artists pings up lots of items. Andy Warhol, Star Wars…I’ll stop now :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like
(Christine E.) #7

It doesn’t have to be an artist- it could just as well be “Dangly handmade carnelian earrings” above a photo of them that could get you onto Google images… :slight_smile:

(Christine E.) #8

I don’t really understand why people don’t want to do this- It’s the same as all the other showcases except you don’t need an excuse like something being blue or related to cats :slight_smile:
I suppose I can have a thread of my own :slight_smile: if no one else wants to join in…

(Christine E.) #9

Amethyst heart necklace, handmade pewter, William Morris inspired…

4 Likes
(Dee Brett) #10

Hi Christine - think this is a great idea! I too struggle sometimes to find a thread (apart from ‘something green’ - I have a lot of green lol). So it’s just like the other threads but just open to anything? Off to check my shop…

1 Like
(Christine E.) #11

Yes! It’s just like “What would you love to sell today” except with a more Google friendly heading! (Don’t think I know what I’m talking about, because I don’t! :slight_smile: )

(Dee Brett) #12

Copper wire weave Celtic knot pendant…

Ah ha!! Got there eventually :rofl:

3 Likes
(Christine E.) #13

That’s great, Dee, but it would be better if you could link it to Folksy :slight_smile: If you look at the bar at the top of the “reply” box, there is a symbol with a mountain and sun (or moon) in a rectangle. If you click on this, you should be able to load a photo that will connect to your shop (I’d give you more info, but I only know how to use a Mac) :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Dee Brett) #14

Ohhh! I did wonder why the photo & not a link as some of the others! Forgive me - I’m a bit new to this forum stuff!! I will try & edit that post to add the right link :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Dee Brett) #15

Nope, still not right. I can’t work out what I’m doing wrong? If I paste the item link into that box it just does the standard link with the tiny photo. Like this:

Maybe it’s a mac thing? I’ll give up now & try to work it out over the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Christine E.) #16

For the Mac, I go to “From the web”, go to my picture and copy the image location (in my case, by pressing control while the mouse is on the image, and scrolling down. ) Then I click on “show more” (in blue, bottom right) and copy and paste the item’s url. Then click “upload”. Don’t know if that’s any help! :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Lynn Britton) #17

I’ll add a pair of fingerless mitts, gothic or steam punk inspired

1 Like
(Yvonne ) #18

I also had to have instructions on how to post an image that also linked to folksy shop page but did manage it after that!

I will add my heart duo personalised wedding/anniversary card…

2 Likes
(Joy Salt) #19

Handmade in Britain Stained Glass Beach Hut Seaside Holiday Suncatcher

Picture

4 Likes
(Joy Salt) #20

Eeeerr @folksycontent @dougfolksy I downloaded the picture above from my shop after going into the listing and saving the full size main image. I had noticed a couple of days ago that when I save images from my listings they are not .jpg as they used to be but .jfif.
Now that is fine… I can load to Facebook as .jfif (whatever that might be) without a problem But… when I tried to load it up to here the computer said NO, .jfif is not an allowed format. I had to edit it to save as .jpg so I could get it onto here.
Why / when did the images change from .jpg to .jfif ?

(Christine E.) #21

I’m sure it’s fine to showcase your item through your shop listing :slight_smile: