What makes you feel nostalgic?

We all have certain things that bring back memories and make us feel nostalgic. For me the sounds of an old typewriter brings back memories of years of plodding away on an old-fashioned ‘sit up and beg’ typewriter. A modern keyboard doesn’t quite seem as good somehow. What have you got in your shop that makes you feel nostalgic?

Jeanie x

1 Like

Old sepia photographs make me feel nostalgic, and I have used sepia tones in this greetings card.

Without a doubt, its got to be lavender!
Lin.x

I used to sit and watch garden birds with my nan, hence I like to use them in my work.

@thecardjeanie I have an old style typewriter, Id never get rid of it, so handy.

My mom’s doily. She used to make them as a hobby, also teaching other women the art of macramé. I like incorporating them in my paintings as it reminds me of my childhood :).

A little bit of old-fashioned chivalry…

Jeanie x

Retro and Kaleidoscope designs make me feel nostalgic, all those colours stay with you! These still inspire my choice of designs…

1 Like

Handmade lavender sachets
I don’t know why because I love making them with bits and bobs left over from bigger projects and I keep lavender both in my front and back garden.
There is nothing like opening a draw and getting a lovely subtle aroma caress to take you back

Vintage tennis costumes from bygone days…

Jeanie x