Are your sales picking up?

Are sales picking up?
For the second time this week I’ve signed into Folksy to see one of my items ‘‘being bought now’’ only to find neither actually made it through the checkout!

And I’m wondering how many times this happens with other sellers?

Sarah x

Well I’ve yet to see one of my items either ‘being bought now’ or ‘sold’, so you’re ahead of me! :smile:

It would be quite nice to think something was at least being put in a basket…

…even if it is being removed before payment :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s happened to us too, on more than one occasion.
Have noticed (in the art section) that it happens all the time to lots of items which never reach it to having been sold. Have even taken to checking up in the actual shops and no sales have happened. Most peculiar?

No, I think people just collect items they like the look of in their basket as they browse and then make a choice at the end - I do it on some sites too. It’s just an easy way to shop.

1 Like

My views graph started relentlessly going down at exactly the same spot it started going up last year- it’s sort of done the splits at, I reckon, about the time they changed the front page…

3 Likes

After having a lull I have had a couple of orders in the last few days - and I saw one of them saying “being bought now” - I was a bit sceptical but it did sell. I agree with you about the signing in @JOYSofGLASS

1 Like

I’m not on here to sell, I am just on here to give Folksy my plus account fee, and to fill the categories a bit. It sounds as if I am not alone. (I am just being facetious, well at least trying). Marg. x

5 Likes

I’m feeling a bit like that too Marg.

Im really frustrated - It’s hard work - promoting and marketing and no return on investment - money or time !!! And I’m selling ok other places !!! I just can’t figure it out although when I look at the home page and it says 150 or even 350 people are currently using this site then I think that might be it !!! We need thousands of people to be viewing and shopping here - all the time !!!

2 Likes

Kim, facebook used to automatically show a picture of your folksy items, but I noticed this last few days that it doesn’t…not sure why…so NOW I show a picture from my pc and then add my folksy shop link…I think facebook want us all to sell using Shopify and are trying to scupper our links !

Ha ha…I just went to look at my recent views and it looked like a “last heart beat and then flatlining!”…lol

Thanks Brenda, that is what I have started doing now and it will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.
I did get a sale on Sunday, but that was from a photo I posted on a forum I belong to…not Facebook, Twitter or even someone browsing here.

Kim
x

1 Like

Thanks for this Joy I only started on FB earlier this year and I’m still trying to get the hang of it. Because it’s easy to Tweet from here, and have tweets go to FB automatically that’s what I’ve mostly been doing. But if no-one is going to see those posts then I’ll just have to allocate extra time to tinkering and sneak past the FB meanies.

1 Like

Unsure if replying in the right place … Our sakes have picked up for October but via ebay

Still not for me, in spite of my 20% off offer…

Hallelujah…finally got a sale and not from someone I know !!! :slight_smile: …plus I had another one via a different source and my sister and brother in law are going to take spare stock into school as they are both teachers. Lets hope the Xmas rush will now start for everyone !!!

3 Likes

I sold a pendant to a fellow Foksy seller and I’m hoping she likes it. Still listing things, though it does seem to take ages to do. Would anyone else agree that a saved template would be useful,with the used-every-time phrases?

You can copy an existing listing and just change the bits that aren’t the same. It saves me heaps of time when I’m listing.

Go to your ‘listings’ and on the right of each one there’s a ‘copy’ option.

1 Like

Thanks Chrissie. Sometimes I can’t see the wood for (Christmas) trees!

The sales were good in September then I was out of UK for three weeks, just came back this Saturday. Now I am waiting for the sales to pick up again, I hope :).