April Art Chat Thread 2017

Love this one! Well executed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny!:heart_eyes:

Stormy Seascape, A3 watercolour. Having fun with a Hake brush!
Blinkin 'eck, I just sold two more paintings, (sips red wine and struggles to hide cheesy grin)

1 Like

well done Grahamā€¦I had three sales today but on the auction siteā€¦ hey hoā€¦a sale is a sale

1 Like

Congratulations on your sales Brenda and Graham!

Iā€™ve been in a bit of a muddle but Iā€™m pulling myself out now. I created this piece about womanhood and being there for your fellow woman. Itā€™s about helping each other through their battles and supporting one and other.

1 Like

Interesting work Lowri. I gave up on friends a few years ago. I was always there to help others and when I needed help or didnā€™t agree with their ideas, they disappeared. I now prefer to do my own thing on my ownā€¦best decision I ever madeā€¦no more hasslesā€¦
I did three paintings todayā€¦still need to take photosā€¦maybe tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

It looks like theyā€™re sitting on top of the world, a metaphor for what can be achieved, like it.

1 Like

I started a new painting last night of an Owl, hope to get that finished by the weekend but Iā€™m currently decorating while my wife and daughter have gone away for a few days.

today I have some mixed media art
https://folksy.com/items/6992356-Mixed-Media-impressionist-painting-ref-040-

2 Likes

I finished my painting, truth is Im skiving while the boss is awayā€¦
Owl, A4 watercolour. ā€˜You talkinā€™ to me? Well Iā€™m the only one hereā€¦ā€™ (Fans of Taxi Driver will knowā€¦;o)ļ»æ

2 Likes

two jobs eh Grahamā€¦lolā€¦skivingā€¦I am good at blackmailā€¦ha ha

1 Like

I havenā€™t painted any ACEOs for years because itā€™s been a long time since I sold any on the other place (moved to mini canvases instead), but as it seems they still get sales here I thought Iā€™d try listing some of the few Iā€™ve got left. Starting with this one from 6 years agoā€¦

1 Like

Great work Kim and Graham. :slight_smile: Also, thanks for the nice comments.

Been busy painting stands for my next fair today. But I managed to put this little girl together. Iā€™m feeling positive about where Iā€™m going next as well which is really good. I have goals!

Hi all - havenā€™t been on this thread for months and months; glad to see itā€™s still going - Brenda, you started this many years ago, it was one of the first threads I started joining in on the old style forum :slight_smile: Itā€™s lovely to see new faces, but I miss the old gang too.

I donā€™t get chance to paint for stock items much now - I always have a backlog of commissions. Canā€™t complain, though!

Hereā€™s the latest painting listed in my shop - I painted it ages ago, but forgot to list it, dā€™oh!

2 Likes

an aceo from me today
https://folksy.com/items/6993805-floral-aceo-original-painting-ref-044-

1 Like

Happy Easter
https://folksy.com/items/6994165-Northern-lights-watercolour-landscape-aceo-ref-048-

2 Likes

Happy Easter everyone

Havenā€™t had much chance to paint this week, Iā€™m refitting the bathroom while the girls are away down the Caravan in Pembrokeshire. I did do this, one of two I plan to hang in the bathroom when Iā€™m finished, not sure if this one will make the cut but I like the idea.

1 Like

and an aceo from me this afternoon

keep painting everyoneā€¦there is an aceo mini painting on ebay at the moment with a bid of over Ā£1000ā€¦ canā€™t give the link on here I am afraid but wow !

2 Likes