Folksy Ltd

April Art Chat Thread 2017

Thought I’d kick start an April Art thread… :sunglasses:

My painting for today- Hare, A4 watercolour. Catch me if you can…

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous!

I’m busy working on a couple of pieces, but it took me a few days of rubbish drawing to get there! I did predict this though. Here’s a little snap of one of my pieces in progress.

I’m also working on some fan art of one of my new favorite film characters.

3 Likes

Thanks Lowri @twinkleandgloomart
I know that feeling, great art is a lifetime pursuit, mostly uphill!!

1 Like

@twinkleandgloomart That pic looks familiar, what film is it from?

1 Like

Yay, looking forward to seeing the eagle :wink: x

1 Like

It’s Lily, from Eagle vs Shark :smiley:
It’s a New Zeland film. I’m in love with the work of Taika Waitit at the moment, I get choked up when I watch his films. <3

Here’s the fill Lily, Jan- I’m going to do some sketches for Jarrod this weekend :smiley:

3 Likes

well done for starting the thread Graham…I was up late…lol…the joys of being an old bag.

Great work from everyone…I shall paint this afternoon while sitting enjoying the sunshine and looking out over Swansea Bay…

Ah yes, I know now, after watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople I looked up the Directors other work.

1 Like

Death Cap Mushroom, A4 watercolour. Look but don’t touch…

6 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

Oh, that’s stunning! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone painting this week? Its good for the soul ;o)
Lighthouse, A4 watercolour.

2 Likes

fab work Graham…I am painting but not for folksy…so nothing to show…yet…
What baffles me is that I have some aceos that were listed on here 4 times, on the dark side 3 times and just for £3 each…they never sold…so I put them on the auction site and they sold for £22 each !!! What is puzzling is that with each sale I enclose a flyer telling people all about folksy and the details of my shop…so those same people (who are regulars) could have bought those artworks for a fraction of the price but chose to pay a lot more for them…the public always baffles my brain.
I really go out of my way to tell these people about folksy…

2 Likes

Indeed Brenda, there’s nout stranger than folk. My views are very poor on Folksy, I’m looking into other options for selling my art. Which is a shame because I’m fiercely patriotic and want to see a great British site like Folksy succeed. I just don’t think Folksy is the right place for my paintings.

Ha! Typically, just after my last post i made another sale…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great lighthouse GK :slight_smile:

Brenda, It must be a nice feeling they sell for more though! People must feel you’re underselling yourself. :slight_smile:

I’m still struggling through some pieces at the moment. This week has been so busy with personal things that the spark hasn’t quite been there when I’m in the studio. I’ll get there though. :slight_smile:

Keep smiling Lowri…I am struggling through at the moment with hubby being sick and me having to care for him all the time…sigh…but onwards and upwards.
Well done Graham on the sale…keep with Folksy…even if you list elsewhere…I have 3 places on the go at the same time…eggs in baskets etc…
I will be painting one of my cartoon cards later…might list it tomorrow…it will need censoring first…ha ha…watch this space.

1 Like

well here it is…I have censored it, so you don’t have to look at it if you don’t want to. The complete cartoon is in my shop (2nd picture)

1 Like

Flores de Luna big painting - what do you think about it? Is not finished yet… though.