Art chat thread. August 2018

I’m new as well Lindsey, so we can learn together :smiley:

Welcome to all newbies…no one is in charge here so if you want to show something (art preferably ha ha) or chat about something , jump in and share…xx

Thanks for the info Brenda, I’m glad Lyndsey asked!..going to change my framed prints to unframed, I was wondering about that and of course your right.

I sent one of my paintings to South Africa recently…to a friend… and I struggled with how to package it as I didn’t want it damaged …I googled of course but!! … your post is great on how you package yours, much appreciated.

My painting is still stuck in Customs, South Africa, ho hum.

1 Like

Beautiful Pamela.

Graham do you think these envelopes would be good for streched canvas aswell, depth is about 1.5cms?

Just posted this to my shop I painted this in 2012. Hoping to sell prints.

3 Likes

I cant see how that would work, they’re really designed for flat documents. Unless the canvas was much smaller than the envelope, e.g. an A4 canvas going into an A3 envelope. You’ll have to try and see.

OK I wasn’t sure, now that would’ve been too easy hehe… thanks.

1 Like

Rachel, that is lovely, would even make good prints for cards for Valentines, anniversaries etc.

1 Like

a touch of fantasy this morning
https://folksy.com/items/6945272-fantasy-glitter-fairy-art-painting-ref-808-DSCF0003%20(10)

2 Likes

Sleeping Fox, watercolour on hot pressed paper.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Good thinking Brenda thanks

3 Likes

Great work Graham and Pam…
today I have a 7x5 watercolour in my favourite colour…lol
https://folksy.com/items/7163893-Fantasy-landscape-art-painting-ref-F-476-

2 Likes

Gorgeous as always Brenda, the artists on here are sooo good, excellent, so much brilliant work in one place.

1 Like

Another watercolour for you

3 Likes

Lovely work Pam…always love your paintings.
Rachel, thank you.
I found a new artist in the New Shops that were listed, so I have told them about us and invited them to join us here.
If you ever see anyone that has a new shop…contact them and tell them to come and show their work on this thread.
The more the merrier…and show any of your work, it doesn’t have to be listed…we want to see it ALL.

2 Likes

Now you’ve asked for it Brenda haha…k one I listed today, a little different from my usual but enjoyed painting this.

4 Likes

that is lovely…love the colours too x