Art chat thread January 2018

Hi I have done lots different art work but I make Sockmonkeys last few months been doing work on my house and been ill so haven’t managed put anything in my shop but love doodling and did a large doodle picture for my newly decorated living room so had an idea to do some doodle pictures just put one on see if anyone likes it ?

2 Likes

Kangaroo, A4 watercolour. Keep up the good work everyone!

2 Likes

Great work…
welcome Julie…hope you feel better soon
today I have another aceo
https://folksy.com/items/7090507-paintings-art-miniature-aceo-landscape-watercolour-ref-F282-

3 Likes

Hi all. Thanks @teabreaks for inviting me in. It’s only my second day so am still learning. I have added 3 listings altogether going to see how it goes before committing myself any
y further. Feedback always appreciated

3 Likes

Laura that is lovely, full of movement and vitality…
It takes time to get noticed on Folksy so you have to keep going and keep listing. Graham seems to be doing well now…and I think it took him a while to get his first sale on here.

Everyone is lovely and if you need help with anything, there is always someone to help…
There are other threads where you can show your work…like
What have you listed today
and there are threads on the forums that are connected to colour or animals…
For example you could show that picture again on an animal themed thread.
always write something different with each posting or you get a box pop up saying that the content is too similar to something you have already posted…just change the wording and it will accept it…
There are lots of lovely people on Folksy and it is very, very, very, rare to see any problems between people on here…don’t forget to come on here and show your other paintings !!
By the way…why wait to add new listings…it is under 20p…less than a choccie bar…and all for four months of showing a potential thousands of people…they won’t sell if you don’t show them…what have you got to lose but a few pence??

1 Like

Agreed, stick at it Laura and build your online presence if possible, FB, Google+, all linked back to your shop. If you build it, they will come!

I did this painting this evening- Waiting for the tide, A3 watercolour.
Not sure if I will list this for sale, I quite like this, think I will keep it.

5 Likes

Thanks Brenda. Mostly a confidence issue I guess, I have only been painting for a year so a public forum is a little daunting. What I have discovered over the past year, on Facebook and Instagram, is how lovely and encouraging the art community is. I will take your advice and list some more x

great painting Graham, I love your style and colour choices.
Laura, never doubt your talent…(try looking through some art websites and you will see how good your work is…and everyone loves different styles…
I’ll be back tomorrow with my listing (I listed crochet today)…

It’s great to see everyone chatting on the Art thread, I haven’t been here for a while but I thought I’d pop in with a little abstract piece done on canvas that’s on a little easel, I’ve been playing around and experimenting and this is one of the outcomes.

3 Likes

Love the colours on that Jan…very pretty

1 Like

I have just finished painting this 7x5 waterolour…not listed anywhere yet…but just thought I would show it.

5 Likes

A Sunday morning splash, Windy day on the coast, A3 watercolour.

3 Likes

Been painting some more skating bunnies :slight_smile:

And this was a commission for a Christmas gift for someone who runs a rabbit rescue. I do love painting this kind of picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha…Love that Sara…made me grin…waving…xx

Graham that is a brilliant painting, the sea here was like that yesterday…a little bit calmer today.#
I have just listed another aceo
https://folksy.com/items/7092510-painting-miniature-art-aceo-landscape-ref-F288-

3 Likes

bumping the thread for any new artists to find us

Morning all :slight_smile:

Lovely ACEO Brenda - plenty of green in it again :smiley:

Here’s a stable sign I’m just finishing off.

I have to admit that I do find January hard - I haven’t got the adrenaline rush of finishing Christmas orders that I have from October to December, and the short, dark days don’t inspire me at all.

1 Like

Something different from me, practicing strong contrast and tone. Summit, A4 watercolour.

1 Like

LOVE the horse Sara…I have had one of my best January’s ever for sales…though sadly only a few on here (5 this month so far on here) but a total of over 30 elsewhere…!!
Hope you get your mojo back quickly.
Graham that is brilliant, I struggle with snow on mountains…

1 Like

I’ve added a few more pictures, and a couple of cushions that a friend printed from my art. Thanks for the encouragement everyone xx

2 Likes