Art chat thread ...June 2020

Hi everyone!!

Sorry been a bit quiet. Not had a great deal of time to get much painting done between homeschooling and the Pedddle event.

How is everyone?

Loving all the pieces you’ve all created :heart::heart:

1 Like

I’ve not tried aceo… But I’m intrigued!! May have to give it a try!! I have so many off cuts of paper that need using up… I’m a bit of a paper hoarder and can’t bear to throw bits out :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

@Dotkdesign …yes…give it a go.
In fact when I cut up my paper, I cut 7x5’s or 6x4’s…then from what is left I cut aceos…and finally…if I can…I cut bookmarks…don’t waste any of it…lol…
Make sure that your aceos measures 2.5" x 3.5"…that is the important bit…otherwise, they are not aceos…looking forward to seeing what you do…
drawing, painting,…all are acceptable…we have even seen some embroidered on fabric x

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks @teabreaks. I’ll definitely give it a go.

1 Like

@Dotkdesign
If you google aceo ,.,then somewhere is the history behind them …If you get hooked on making them, then it is a good idea to invest in tiny polybags to put them in…they are cheap to buy from Amazon and the like… I even make tiny envelopes to put mine in when they sell.

Ooo I will do that thanks!! I literally just invested in a envelope maker for the bookmark cards I’ve just added to my shop so that will come in handy!!

@Dotkdesign which envelope maker did you order…I have quite a few different ones…my favourite being the WeRMemory keepers one.
I like to think that it looks more professional to put the aceos in a nicely fitted envelope.

Definitely!! I got the we r memory keepers one too. I’m really impressed with it.
I even found an app that calculates different envelope sizes that aren’t on the table that comes with it, which is really handy.

1 Like

That is definitely the best envelope maker…I even know by memory that I need a 5.5" x 5.5" sheet of paper to make the aceo envelopes (I have made hundreds…lol)
Today I have a 7x5 watercolour
https://folksy.com/items/7484368-original-art-landscape-watercolour-painting-ref-F-161-

6 Likes

I’ve just listed this acrylic painting in my shop.

4 Likes

great painting @leavalleyart x

Thank you. Glad you like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had a count…
I currently have listed…16 cartoon cards
9 hand painted cards
2 cartoons
2 book marks (totalling 4)
55 aceos
99 paintings…

and more on the dark side…lol…and then I have two boxes of unlisted art and another 35 that are hidden because they are too large to post at the moment…erm…
I need a gallery…ha ha

1 Like

and another one to add to the tally
https://folksy.com/items/7485405-original-art-acrylic-landscape-painting-ref-F-162-

3 Likes

Kingfisher, watercolour.

6 Likes

My goodness @teabreaks you have been busy!!!

1 Like

Oh wow @GKWatercolourArt this is stunning :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ta very much!

1 Like

fab work everyone.
@Dotkdesign I usually do three or four paintings a day…if they are aceos the 8 or more in a day.
I tend to paint all the skies, then go back to add the middle ground…on each one then finish them off individually…
If I am doing an acrylic and there is some unused paint that will dry out if left, then I will do a few extra aceos that I give away as freebies.with every sale
I hate wasting paint…lol

1 Like

Wow a little aceo production line!! Amazing :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like