Art chat 5th - 11th October

here is the place to chat about art and show your listings and work in progress.
morning all…Just listed this aceo fantasy watercolour.

2 Likes

Morning Brenda, lovely painting!

Post has been, and the micro gallery from Hazel has arrived as has the wren from Max, both are fab! Just nipping in now, will leave feedback later :smile:

1 Like

Hiya all.

Great work from everyone on the other thread and also thanks for the kind comments on my work. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6724391-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-Of-A-Sunflower-001

2 Likes

Hi everyone, love the new paintings @teabreaks @Kelever. I will hopefully be painting a gourd this week, not very exciting, I hear you say, but just love colours in nature. Decided to part with some of my original paintings, will be listing them this week.
Have fun everyone! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Afternoon everyone, lovely work Brenda and Kelly. Glad the birdie arrived safely Margaret, no painting for me today but I went shopping and for lunch with an arty friend we drooled over the supplies in the Art shop and then went to hobbycraft, got some more paint and some tine canvas boards, thoght I might have a go at making some ACEO trees like the larges ones I did at the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey friends, I’m back in society again after a very busy week packing up and delivering various children to university. They’re all settled in well so I can turn my mind back to my shop after what feels like such a long time on the periphery.

To help me through the first of 9 super quiet weeks at home alone for pretty much most of every day I’m running a 20% off everything promotion, just use the code FLYFREE. Offer expires on Sunday 11th October.

1 Like

Glad it got there safe Margaret :smile:
Waving everyone :slight_smile:

Lovely work Kelly :smile:

Glad you’re having some quiet time at last Stephie, you must be shattered!
Tina, enjoy painting your gourd!

I’ve had more time to admire my new artworks now. @HazelRayfield The Micro Gallery really is stunning and the white frame suits it perfectly, I keep looking at all the different little paintings and marvelling at how you can work so small and so detailed!
The ACEO is gorgeous too, a lovely peaceful scene, and thanks for the yellow flowers, so pretty! :smiley:

Max @paperchainsandbeads, the wren is superb, and the wooden frame is perfect for setting off the wren’s plumage, thanks for the little poppy :smile:

It’s been a great day for my art collection! :smile:

2 Likes

I so pleased the pictures are to your liking Margaret. The frame does work well doesn’t it. I’m glad the small gift was ok to. Just a little thank you for being my 600 th sale :slight_smile:

I’ll still pop in from time to time but I have a lot going on at the moment. Art and life wise. Doing a dolls house fair this month too. Haven’t done one since May and I have painted lots of new tiny pictures to take :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you’re OK Stephie, an empty nest is a hard situation to deal with. It was bad enough when David got married and left home, I struggled with all kinds of difficult emotions, even though it was good that he was happy. There is a sense of a loss of purpose, but in time it will get less difficult. You’ll have to get accustomed to the new ‘normal’. We’re always here for you if you need us and I’m not so very far away.

Good morning, ah Stephie, I’m still a bit lost without my two, and hubby is almost as bad. We are making sure to keep busy with decorating and learning how to cook smaller amounts lol! got a freezer full of leftovers. As Margaret said it’s a whole barrel of emotions and worse going through the change, I cry at the drop of a hat even though I’m not sad or unhappy just feel a little bereft.

Thank you Margaret for the birdie love, so pleased you like it and the tiny poppy

Thanks for the support Margaret and Max, I suspect I will need it as the weeks go on. They’re only away for 9 and 10 weeks respectively, and at the moment I’m finding lots to do, including restarting my ebay shop, sorting out this one, and moving some stuff over to artfinder. Hopefully I’ll find some time to actually get some painting done too!

Max I cry at the drop of a hat anyway, always have done - I have too much empathy. Wouldn’t change it for the world though, I’d rather feel too much than too little.

Hubs is being very attentive too, he’s very aware that I’m on my own while he’s out at work for 11 hours a day. And I have a good support network of in-the-flesh friends too who are making an effort to keep me company. Even the budgies are making an effort, they’ve been super friendly the last few days. I’m a lucky gal to be so well loved :blush:

3 Likes

Hiya all.

Thanks for the kind comments on my work :smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6725092-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-015

2 Likes

I must be a hard woman…never missed it when Simon moved out…in fact sometimes I LONG for some ME time which I never get…sigh…(Have to add that Kelly is a real sweetheart and I am training her up to be our carer,…ha ha ha)
I have just done this relist…too nice to put on the bay.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone, lol Brenda ;). Lovely work Kelly and Brenda. I just listed this one, not made any of these for a while, just not had the time!

and inside

Fab work everyone, pretty encaustic Kelly, stunning sunset Brenda, and beautiful notebook Max! :smile:

Max, I just love my journal that you made…haven’t had much time to add to it but it is slowly being filled up and is great fun to do. Everyone should have one of your journals and make a memory book.
I might be back with a listing later (painting) in the mean time, I have listed a crocheted infinity scarf. Kelly and I live in our ones all through the winter…soooooo cosy. I will make more as and when my hands and wrists allow me to and NO I am not giving up painting…painting comes first but sometimes I have spare time in the evenings when the light is too poor to paint.
You can see the scarf by clicking on the knitwear link in my shop.

I’ve bought the infinity scarf Brenda, me and Mum LOVE ours that we already have from you, and this one is PURPLE!! :smile:

1 Like

Morning :smile:

Lovely painting and scarf Brenda. I like to crochet but like you am limited by my wrists - can’t do much before they’re aching. I wish I could knit but that is so much harder, each row ends up a different size to the previous one. Lol about the time to yourself…I suspect you’d be bored without lots going on.

Max that journal is stunning.

Love the purples in your encaustic Kelly, purple obviously runs in the family :smile:

I’m doing my tax return this morning, listening to Queen’s ‘Save Me’ hehe

1 Like