March art chat thread

Here is the place to show and chat about anything art related

https://folksy.com/items/7425880-Aceo-original-art-floral-painting-ref-F57-

3 Likes

Just listed 22 aceos in my shopā€¦this is just one of them x

Hereā€™s a winter scene, watercolour. Roll on Spring!

2 Likes

work in progress, Danube six

2 Likes

22!!! You have been very busy Brenda @teabreaks

Can I join in? Art but not as you know it ā€¦ I canā€™t draw or paint but I love creating with sea glass. It amazes me what emerges from a pile of glass on my kitchen table.

1 Like

not busy reallyā€¦They were ones that had delisted from the dark side and I just took a load from folksy and put them on the dark sideā€¦keep moving things aroundā€¦sometimes things get buried in the archives and basement of my shop and never get seenā€¦so it is good to move things around now and again x

I didnā€™t know you were on the dark side too. How do you find it for sales compared to here?

more sales there but much nicer here x

1 Like

Few Original Art in store

4 Likes

Hi all, hope everyone is doing okay!
Just wanted to add this to the thread, a painting I completed recently with hopes of making some prints and greeting cards. Also a few people have liked it and I find it rather cheery so I hope you do too x

Not sure what to title this one yet, but someone suggested ā€˜Hide and Seekā€™ which I thought was lovely!
Best of health to everyone and keep creating :blush:

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Just thought I would drop by to hope everyone is staying safe and well.

Iā€™ve hidden all the larger items in my shop that would need to go to the post office, but greetings cards can be popped in the post box so I am staying open in the hope that people will find this the perfect time to send a little note to someone they canā€™t see in person.

I expect we will all get loads of art made in the meantime - @teabreaks I can imagine you gradually disappearing behind a beautiful mountain of aceos!

Helen

3 Likes

Encouraging words:
Currently we receive numerous emails from different companies etc. The following was part of one such emails:
ā€œIn times of human struggle, the world needs art. Crises such as this are too complex, too nuanced to put into words, but art is a higher form of language. When we donā€™t know what to feel, art can illustrate emotion ā€¦ [As an artist] You do have a sword to wield. Can you push through anxiety and find the space to be creative? Can you find your voice and whisper to us, a joke, an idea, or a memory of some better time? I implore you to try ā€¦ as an artist community our voices echo more loudly than one could ever do alone.ā€(Martin Schwartz, TeePublic)

5 Likes

Hi Folksy peeps, hope you are all well.
Hereā€™s a painting I did this evening, Blue Tit, watercolour.

3 Likes

Here is a Watercolour painting I made some time ago. It seems to be a favourite for gifts to couples.
https://folksy.com/items/7438620-Alpaca-Couple-Llama-painting

3 Likes