Art chat thread November 2019

Have to keep it under wraps for now, I’ll share when it’s finished and delivered!

1 Like

Hi everyone, lovely work :slight_smile:

Detail from one of my Christmas sketches for my Christmas advent;

4 Likes

Morning everyone, this is a commission I finished over the weekend…

5 Likes

Lots of lovely art you are all very productive.
This is a card I’ve made for a friend’s birthday. It didn’t end up like my original plan! Things went a bit wrong so I decided to just carry on and experiment instead. Now I actually really like the end product. A happy surprise!

5 Likes

Sometimes experiments and ‘accidents’ work out the best! This is a really colourful and uplifting design.

2 Likes

Love it Aneeya…you should do more like that.
Today I have some fairy magic
.https://folksy.com/items/6945272-fantasy-glitter-fairy-art-painting-ref-883-

4 Likes

completed yesterday, ref0188, ‘Mullion Cliff toward Mullion Island’, gouache on HP 300g smooth paper. This is approx A3 in size, and I am never sure as to whether I should mount and back for Folksy. Adds a lot to the size and postal costs. Maybe a ‘variation’ of a product,

3 Likes

That’s beautiful!

I don’t do originals on paper, but for my prints I leave them unmounted if it’s a fairly standard size so easy to frame, but when it’s an awkward size that needs mount cutting to a special size then I’ve included it.

2 Likes

fab work David…I remember going crab hunting in Mullion cover about 60 years ago !!!

1 Like

thanks Kim

thanks Brenda. My favourite Mullion artist is Stephen Bradbury. I bought a gouache painting from him in 1995. Well inspired by him since, he has his position in my lounge in Wolverhampton, (see attached). My mentor, he used to be an illustrator, famous for book covers, by Rosamunde Pilcher, Arthur C Clarke

1 Like

The colourful and elusive Kingfisher, watercolour.

4 Likes

Hi David @McCormack. I do mounts as an option, about 80% of customers choose unmounted if that helps. You could easily not give that option and just sell them unmounted. Love your painting by the way.
Great to catch up with you here Brenda @teabreaks, as I know you won’t be around on Daily Listings any more (sob!).
Love your commission @GKWatercolourArt. I’ve just finished one too, a lady wanted me to paint her husband’s classic Volvo car. Their name is Ferris, so she wanted a Ferris wheel in it somewhere, which felt a little contrived, but I’m always happy to oblige where I can!.

5 Likes

@ChrisStoneArtist I love the hint of pink to the sky.

I got around to doing 2 snowy animal scenes for my shop:

2 Likes

Brilliant work all of you…kim, love the cat with the robin on its head…lovely expression…lol
Great work Graham…always brilliant art from you.
Chris…what an amazing painting…I can’t do cars,I am in awe…(please don;t sob…lol…)
I can be just as naughty on here ha ha (nice to know that you are always happy to oblige…lol)

2 Likes

Hi Chris,
many thanks for your feedback which I took onboard…

I have just SOLD an original from here:

WITHOUT mount and backing

and as a result from your feedback and this sale,

I have just LISTED a new one here:

WITHOUT mount and backing

many thanks again
regards
Dave

3 Likes

HI everyone :slight_smile:

Some great work here, loving the Volvo Chris @ChrisStoneArtist and the Kingfisher is beautiful @GKWatercolourArt

Great to see that you lovely painting has sold @McCormack

This is a small detail from my Christmas Advent that I share on Instagram starting Dec 1st up to Christmas Eve. This is me on instagram, if you want to drop by https://www.instagram.com/daisywings2

2 Likes

New abstract landscape painted on a tile with alcohol inks.

2 Likes

beautiful aneeya x

Dartmouth Castle and Graveyard, watercolour.
Hope you are all well.

5 Likes