Best laptops

Can anyone recommend a good laptop I can use for uploading my work to my shop. Obviously need word, excel, printing, etc but not too complicated to use nor too expensive?

Hmm…having gone through my fair share of laptops unfortunately I would say there’s no such thing as a good but not too expensive laptop.
But then- that I guess depends on what you consider to be expensive.
My last laptop was £275- which I would consider pretty cheap- but not the cheapest. And while it’s a very cute thing in terms of electronics I guess- and has a lovely keyboard etc it’s truly rubbish. It’s Windows and takes a million years to do anything.

I now have a MacBook Air which was £750 and is totally worth it in my opinion. I would never go back to Windows- everything happens in the blink of an eye! My husband has the larger one which 3 years ago when he got it was £999- and it’s still just as fast as my new one is - no issues with it at all.

99% of laptops these days however- no matter how much you spend don’t come automatically with the Microsoft Office Suite. Some come with like a basic ‘starter’ version with a lovely advert all down the side or whatever- but some when you buy them now come with offers for the office suite. Or there are plenty ‘dodgy’ versions out there which work just as well.

I’d definitely read plenty reviews online before hand though- even a cheaper laptop is a fair bit of money.

Sorry that was no direct recommendation (well- apart from the MacBook thing) but there are so many out there- a good place to start is reading the reviews of the brands you’ve heard of. I wouldn’t say any of them are difficult to use though. I find Mac way more user friendly but then it’s more expensive.
Any will be able to upload your products to your shop.
If you get one from a big electrical shop- even places like John Lewis you can barter as well (though they don’t advertise that fact!) and you can get stuff thrown in too!

I agree with Susannah @curiousseagull about Mac if you want uncomplicated. I have an iMac not a Macbook but the same applies- it’s just smoother and easier.

I’m afraid I’m another Macbook Air fan … wouldn’t go back to Windows now, although I do struggle a bit with pages (mac equivalent of word) but thats just because I have never taken the time to sit down and learn how to use it properly!

I’m an Apple person too but you can buy Microsoft office for macs. Having spent all my working life with Microsoft it’s nice to have something familiar - at least you can offset it against expenses!

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my budget won’t stretch to Apple but I will bear all your tips in mind