Chromebook

I’m thinking of buying a chrome book. I am looking for something that I can take with me on holiday or house sitting so I can check my emaills etc and browse the internet.
My son has recommended this to me as he thinks I would prefer a keyboard to the touch screen.
Has anybody got one of these and what do they think of it
Diane

I’ve got one (i’m actually using it now!) and its pretty much perfect for quick browsing. Its very light weight so I carry it around the house, especially now with the Commonwealth on and i’ve got more than one event I like.

You need a Google account to log in, because it runs the Google system, but its free to set up.
I’ve had mine about a year and highly recommend it :smile:
Leanne x x

I’ve got one too, in fact I rarely use a PC or Laptop anymore. Only negatives that I have had are that you must have internet access to use anything that is not stored on the hard drive and that google docs are limited in their features, although they are getting better. You have to print through Google cloud, again can be limiting. I have an acer and I really do love its portability. I recently went to home to Canada and it was great not having to lug a great big laptop around.

thanks girls My son has said to go for the acer and I just needed different views on it.

I intend to use my desktop mainly for my card making etc but would love something portable and it will be probably be faster I think than my desk top.
I will go and treat myself to one this week
Diane