BIG question - If you could fix one thing on Folksy what would it be?

Hello! We’ve got a question for you all:

If you could fix one thing about or on Folksy, what would it be?

We’d be really grateful to hear your responses - just ONE THING though. No cheating please :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe more advertising/promotion to get the name out there? So many people are missing out on genuinely handmade gorgeous stuff because they don’t know about lovely Folksy :person_shrugging:

27 Likes

The search.

I was talking to a friend the other day - she is the ideal customer and buys handmade a lot, knows about Folksy - but she doesn’t shop here because of the search.

13 Likes

The rogue shops. So tightening up on new shops opening, like having a vetting process before the shop opens.
It gives a bad impression which reflects on all the other sellers.

12 Likes

Bulk editing so you can change things like dispatch times etc quickly.

16 Likes

The option for one of our five photos to be a thirty second video if we wish :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :hugs: :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

I would love this one even it was only a 10 second video it could reqly help

5 Likes

Promotion and publicity. Folksy should be much better known in the UK than it is. :blush:

31 Likes

Be able to arrange items in collections from collection page.

7 Likes

Promotion, to get the Folksy brand ‘out there’.

21 Likes

In with the promotion camp here!
There are such absolutely amazing talented sellers on here, and it’s such a fabulous site, but it needs to be known!

Just last week I had a conversation with some people, who said they proudly support British small businesses and buy handmade regularly, but when I mentioned Folksy, I got puzzled looks, as sadly not one had heard of it!
Btw they have now! :joy:

17 Likes

bulk editing please

1 Like

I agree with the others regarding the promotion of Folksy as a site.

I would like to add…digital downloads for patterns would be fantastic - if it’s possible.

5 Likes

Vetting of shops would get my vote. I’m sure that no-one who is an honest, reliable maker or supplier would mind a short wait before being allowed to have a shop on Folksy, and it has been requested many times.

6 Likes

Promotion of Folksy like others have said.
Whenever I mention that I sell on Folksy to other people they all say they have never heard of it, even likeminded crafters!

8 Likes

I’m torn. The search function drives me mad, but so do the rogue shops. Can I have both, even though that’s cheating?

4 Likes

I think we need to get the basics right and so I have to vote for the search to be improved - there is no point in driving customers to a site that doesn’t have good functionality.

6 Likes

I would love to see PETS with a major heading please. Life would be so much easy for buyers.
Nearly every home has a pet of some kind, be it a dog, cat or a ‘pocket pet’ such as a Hamster, Guinea pig, or Rabbit.
A dog is known as ‘man’s best friend’ and rates highly in most households. Cats are probably second best in our pet world.
All pets need their accessories be it a warm dog jacket/coat, a bed, or a dog toy.
Since Covid-19 invaded us and we were summoned into lockdown, many have turned to online shopping.
Pets, in the Folksy menu, come under Homeware and then sub categorised under Garden & Pets. That’s a long way down the menu & most rely on a menu when it comes to looking for what they want.
With the 7 major headings:- Jewellery, Clothing & Accessories, Homeware, Art, Cards/Stationary, Weddings and Supplies, can all buyers, especially those new to Folksy find the Pet section?
I accept that on keying in an item in the ‘search’; what you’re looking for should come up. I keyed in 'Dog Jackets’ & was presented with ‘Upcycled Hand Stitched Jacket’, Sleeveless Waistcoats for Men, Hand Knitted Chunky Wool Jacket.
’Dog Coat’ bought up coat pegs depicting dogs!
Keying in Dog Toys presented Dog Toy Greetings Card, German Shepherd Dog Toy Necklace - a necklace beautifully made with toy dogs on and not a toy for dogs!
Tags play a very important role in searches with algorithms ruling the ‘roost’ but can they really define between a ‘toy dog’ and a ‘Toy for a Dog’!
So, a big please, may we have a separate heading for our Pets. Thank you.

4 Likes

I was talking to the girl washing my hair today and said I sell my glass online. She asked if I meant E***. I said no “Folksy” and gave her my business card. Gave a business card to an assistant in M&S on Monday too when she admired my dichroic pendant. That’s two people who now know about Folksy just from my little outings.

5 Likes

The search function. Too many searches that should be straightforward come up with 10,000 results.

4 Likes