Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals

Black Friday is coming up on the 25th of November. Are you going to run any special promotions for your shop? I’m thinking a Lucky Dip could be good fun?!

1 Like

Ooo I’m not too sure yet, I’m thinking about maybe having a little sale but I’m going to see what else I can finish making first. A lucky dip does sound like a lovely idea!

1 Like

I’m British. My shops are British only.
I will not therefore be doing any American related promotion days… as we don’t have Thanksgiving here in Britain and as they don’t have 2 month long Christmas.
I won’t be having Black Friday or even a Red, White and Blue Monday. :slight_smile:
Why would I ?

8 Likes

Unfortunately ‘lucky dip’ and ‘mystery boxes’ cause issues - buyers can fill ‘not as described’ cases with payment processors and because you didn’t state exactly what they would receive in the listing then the shopper would win and you would be forced to refund and pay to have the item returned to you.

3 Likes

I intend doing a "Colour Friday’ post on social media encouraging people to shop local

4 Likes

I have some items on special prices and some Seconds item, so that will be it. I won’t do anything else. Besides I think this kind of sales are more effective for electronics and clothes. I would like the Handmade businesses to get caught up in this.

1 Like

While I understand that people are looking for ways to increase their sales in a difficult climate, I feel that we need to help people differentiate between pile 'em high sell 'em cheap mass produced goods and handmade items. A handmade ceramic mug is very different from a factory-made slip-cast ceramic mug, and that’s why the price tag is different. Thus my own feeling is that we need a different approach to selling than High Street retailers, and that cut price sales and Black Friday events don’t fit the ethos of handmade. That’s just my own opinion and so I haven’t taken part in the Folksy seconds sales, and won’t be doing any Black Friday events. My ceramics tutor used to say “If you’re not satisfied with it, don’t sell it as a second, just smash it and start again!”

7 Likes