I have been trading in Burnley Market Hall for six months [excluding lock-down], and, after discussion with the Market Manager, we’ve negotiated the following…
Burnley Council’s Market Service is providing a platform for local crafters to sell their handmade crafts for a short period of time in the run up to Christmas at substantially reduced costs. If interested please email Marie [MShaw@burnley.gov.uk].
This is what is on offer:-
- There are approximately 6 larger units available for this unique opportunity
- £30.00 plus VAT per week per unit from September to December
- Applications will be accepted from individual sellers, groups and collectives.
- Units can be shared between 2-3 crafts, but all will need to sign a lease agreement.
- It will also be possible to lease half a unit at £15 + VAT if you don’t have anyone with whom to share.
- Handicrafts only – items which are handmade, up-cycled or re-cycled. Vintage goods may be allowed, except for clothing [each application will be assessed on its own merits].
- No reselling of bought in items and no franchises.
- Traders will need to commit to at least 4 days a week 9 -4 [preferably 5 days but 4 is acceptable].
- If sharing a unit, you may negotiate who runs the unit on which days.
- Traders selling homemade foodstuffs [MUST be packaged] e.g. Cordials, preserves, (home-made) sweets etc. - Traders must have a hygiene certificate and Food Hygiene Rating.
- No pornographic things, no alcohol, no e-cigs.
- No clothing
- No toiletries, candles etc. Unless made by the seller
- No cakes or other fresh food
- Second-hand clothing and bric a brac only permitted on the weekly Preloved Market when this re-opens.
- We will aim to have as wide a variety as possible, but we won’t necessarily bar similar items if it’s felt that there’s a sufficient difference in style and price between them.