Folksy Ltd

Crafting injuries due to the weather


(Eileens Craft Studio) #1

Yesterday I was trying to work in my conservatory. I have a large plastic container on the table with lots of coloured water and paper pulp in it. I’m making recycled handmade paper.

I can hardly stand the heat all the windows and French doors where open.

I go to put my paper making frame into the pulp/water mix and nearly screamed the mix is boiling hot.

My poor fingers had to run into the kitchen and hold them under a running cold water tap.

ugh we need blinds in our conservatory, I just didn’t realize how hot water could become in such a short time.


(Lynn Britton) #2

Oh poor you Eileen - essential lavender oil is very good for scalds, burns and bites, just rub in on undiluted (one of the few essential oils that can be used undiluted) it works wonders and has saved me many a time from getting blisters from sticking my fingers in something hot.
Lynn x


(Sally Lucas) #3

Wasp stings from having all the windows open!


(Diane Mc Kechnie) #4

I love going about in my bare feet which is really not a good idea when I am making cards. I have nearly given my toesies a bad cut when my scalpel has rolled off the table


(Birdandmonkey) #5

Don’t go into the workshop in flip flops, narrowly avoided a trip to AandE when my very solid steel ring triblet fell out of my dodgy vice and missed my foot by about 1/2 cm!!! Ooo that would have HURT!!


(Eileens Craft Studio) #6

yikes

crafting clearly can be dangerous to our health :frowning: