Crafting Supplies - what do you need to buy?

I found Folksy for the first time today whilst looking for somewhere to sell a large amount of diverse stock which has been cluttering the house since I closed my high street shop. Folksy has been the most outstanding site I have found - it’s UK, it’s easy to navigate, it’s fees are fair, it’s supported by this forum… Basically I haven’t seen anything to put me off using this website.

But I need your help.

I have boxes & boxes of craft supplies and am struggling to know where to start with creating listings. I’d be grateful if you would help me to help you. Let me know what craft supplies you need to buy and, if I have it in stock, I will get it photographed & listed for sale.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance & advice you can give.

Jan

2 Likes

I don’t need anything specific at the moment but I’m always on the hunt for interesting cabochons and beads (as are a number of other jewellers who frequent the forum).

Hi Jan. Would it be a good idea to list your items in groups suitable for different crafts, i.e. card making supplies, jewellery supplies, sewing supplies. I would not look at card or jewellery making supplies as that is not what I make, but I would certainly look at any sewing type supplies you have.
Best Wishes and I look forward to seeing your stock. Marg.

I need a reasonably priced good strong rag rug hook- not a wool rug hook though.

Hi welcome to Folksy

I’m always on the look out for components.
Keyrings
Jump rings (strong)
Earring findings
Headpins (strong)
Charms
Charm cords

I only use nickel free :blush:

Karen

Hi, welcome to folksy :blush: I make jewellery and I’m always looking for beads and clasps etc!

Hello Jan, for my work I’d need:

keyrings
brooch backs
charms - nickel free
little embellishments like mini buttons

and I’m about to order some more lobster clasps (for bag charms) so if you have any of those ready to sell that would be wonderful :slight_smile:

Elaine

Hi Marg. That’s exactly how I am creating my Collections so I’m glad to see that’s how you were thinking too. Not much in the way of sewing in my stock I’m afraid, we had an established haberdasher in town already so I didn’t want to tread on her toes. The closest I get to a needle is cross stitch!

No rag rug hooks sorry Sarah.

Thank you Karen. The only nickel free items I can find at the moment are the ear wires like you’ve used on your gingerbread men dangly earrings. I’ve got 40 pairs of those.

Thank you Pauline. I have some beads, I’ll sort out some photographs.

1 Like

Hi Elaine. I have 3 square brooch backs but I’ve just had a close look at the and they have got tarnished somehow :slightly_frowning_face:. I have some buttons, I will photograph them next to a coin or ruler. I have no lobster clasps left, sorry.

I have approximately 220 of the whole range of DMC Stranded Cotton available. If anyone needs any please post the numbers on here & I will check my stock then create a listing for you.

I also have a few of the Varigated and Metallics too.