Do all 'likes' appear in 'Shop activity'?

…if so, I’m giving far more ‘likes’ than I’m getting :slight_smile: . I’m not asking this so people will say “Poor you, I’ll ‘like’ some of your things”. I’d really like to know!

I’m not sure as I sometimes see myself in gift guides without any notification in shop activity and sometimes it tells me that I’ve been put into a gift guide. Or maybe I’ve got confused with the weekly e-mail thing!

1 Like

I’ve been in Gift Guides and Folksy Favourites without being told a couple of times, but I don’t know if that works the same as the “likes”. When I’m told in ‘Shop Activity’ that someone has liked something of mine, I will always go to their shop and like something of theirs. It doesn’t always seem to happen when I ‘like’ someone else’s item, even if it’s someone active in the forums. Also, some of my things seem to have collected more ‘likes’ than I’ve been made aware of.
I’m not really bothered, just interested…

I think all likes do show in activity.

1 Like

I think they do all show, although like you I don’t get as many as I give.
The ‘Favourite & Show’ thread, where people are supposed to ‘like’ your item and then post it in the thread, seems to not be working too well at the moment as I have lots of people showing my items on there but not ‘liking’ them. I think some of them don’t understand the point of the thread…I’m lucky if 1 in three of my items shown there actually get liked. I used to ask people to go back and like it but I have given up now…

1 Like

Do they ‘like’ your post, rather than going to the item and ‘liking’ the actual item, I wonder?

2 Likes

If they’ve liked you item on your page once they can’t do it a second time in fact if you click it a second time it unlikes it.

1 Like

I’ve unliked things sometimes by accident, if my laptop is slow I assume I’ve not clicked the heart properly so click again and the laptop registers that as an unlike (I’ve probably unliked things and not noticed too) maybe that happens more than we realise

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too, I respect of the regular reciprocal Liking threads. I wonder whether it’s a combination of not realising it’s the actual page you should favourite rather than the post and computers being slow (my iPad is a b*gger for this). Although a few months back I did a bit of analysis and found it tended to be the same few shops who didn’t seem to like any of my products in a given thread even though I’d liked theirs in the relevant thread, so I did conclude it was deliberate. Maybe some people feel they don’t like my cards so strongly they don’t want to Like them lol!! Most people play the game though so the threads are still worth doing (although I’ve been absent for a few months, I do plan to come back!!).

1 Like