Do you have your own website?

Hi,
I have tried Mr. Site (rubbish) and Create (v.good). I am currently with Amazon Webstore www.mackintoshandmore.co.uk which includes Amazon Checkout, who obviously have loads of registered users so we’ll see.
My Create website had paypal which was great, I added Worldpay which proved to be very expensive so waved goodbye to that.
I would recommend Create Pro, you get a webstore with Paypal for around £10.00 PCM.
It sounds obvious but don’t forget to label everything you send out with your website address, I’m amazed how often people forget.
I know people who have paid thousands for a “professional” site which has done nothing for them. If you build it you will love it more than the Pro’s.
Good luck with it.
Marion.

Thanks Helen! I have to say, I love the link you have to your Folksy shop - that’s brilliant! :smiley:

1 Like

Another thumbs up for Create here www.CeeGeeJewellery.com (and another ex-MrSiter!). I think it’s really important to have your own site and domain name, even if your shop is hosted elsewhere. If (heaven forbid) Folksy went belly up next week, you don’t want all your marketing efforts to have directed your customers to a dead shop!

1 Like

It is important to actually be the registered owner of your domain name, if you buy it via a site builder it is in their name. If they disappear so does control of your domain name.

Hi Everyone,

I do have my own website which i launched at the same time as my shop & facebook page. I did try to employ IT guys to do it but after 8 months of frustration & 2 web designers later who consistently let me down i decided to do it myself. Took me a couple of weeks to learn and set up but i’m really, really chuffed i did it myself. Did mine through https://www.clikpic.com/ which i did trying their 2 week free trial first playing with their templates. You can opt to build it yourself or get them to build it for you. I did mine myself with their guideline pack and lots of question sent to their helpline chaps who were extremely helpful and quick to reply. I can do updates & changes when ever i want. I also got discount on the cost as i buy my art products from http://www.jacksonsart.com/ who they partner with.

J x

Forgot to pop on my website address it’s www.cheekymonkeystudio.co.uk

We recently launched our new site last weekend www.eskimocircus.co.uk

We used to use moonfruit but now use create.net. I would totally recommend create, their customer service has been second to none and putting the site together has been really easy. There are a number of different packages and offer more for your money than any other place around!

Hello, I do indeed have a website, I had one before this too (since 2000!) but decided to get a new one done, my friend did it for me and it was free (he’s a great great friend!) I don’t get any sales through it, it’s just a website that brings everything about me and my items altogether in one place (needs a bit of work to improve the links and to add more content) and it happily fits on my many MANY business cards I give out like confetti, but it’s worth it! :slight_smile: http://www.ejc-wildart.co.uk

Didn’t know you can link back to our Folksy shops! That’s so good, love your site too.

1 Like

It’s cool how it links back to Folksy. Is this a widget from Folksy or did you design it yourself?

I don’t know Minerva maybe it’s a badge?

Its fairly easy to link to your shop @Minerva and @Amberlilly - my website is still under construction but what is live has a link to my shop see http://www.rozcraftz.co.uk All I did was use a picture of the Folksy logo on a button and then link it to my shop address. If you go to the “shop” page of the website you will also see I have used the Folksy widget (available from your dashboard) to show the most recently added items to my shop.

Lovely I shall give it a go. Thxs Roz.

Sorry, I meant to address the question to Helen.

Thanks. I have seen those widgets. I like the big colorful letters of Folksy and thought there might be a code or widget for that too.

I use Weebly, very easy to use and was free to set up, lots of choice with colours / design etc, had sales on there too so it’s out there getting seen, and in the links section i have links to folksy etc

1 Like

Very impressive websites! I really should do more with mine.

1 Like

www.shopcrystalmoon.co.uk - Big Cartel setup