Don't understand

Is this ever happened with any of yous?
Got an email from Folksy that I have sold one of my listing, came up to see that hell yeah:) I did! But no payment yet, so looked up the name and address. The name and address looked suspicious, so I checked on google map and the address doesn’t exist. The e-mail address was even more suspicious so I typed a letter for him/her and it came back as a Mailer Daemon. Why would someone even do that? Make all the hassle for nothing, because obviously even if I would send it without receiving any payment, she/he wouldn’t get it since the address is non existent.

I don’t know either , I had one from la-la-la once- they’re just bored I guess.

The sale wasn’t in the early hours of the morning was it? I have heard from other sellers that occasionally they get silly sales late at night/very early in the morning presumably from people coming home from the pubs/clubs a bit ‘worse for wear’ and think it’s a bit of a laugh :unamused:

One down side of not needing to open an account and register I suppose?

1 Like

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago. I got the Folksy e-mail, but nothing about payment. The address was in Ireland and incomplete and I got no reply to two e-mails I sent. After a couple of days I just cancelled the order. It was a shame because it was my most expensive card and I was really excited that it had sold. :disappointed:

I would suggest editing the first post as it’ has private information in it. It could be a real customer and putting that onto an open forum is against the law. It’s illegal due to the Data Protection Act.

Hi Diane,
No it was in the afternoon at 20:19, and since then all I can think that it was a spam of some sort

Hi Eileen,
Admin edited by now, but don’t worry I would never share any personal data of anyone. Done my researches before I posted my question:) The person wasn’t registered, was a non existent fake name with a fake postal address, saying Kent, Liverpool, United Kingdome (Liverpool is not in KENT:))) and the postal code is non existent and the e-amail address neither since there is no such thing as .....@yawright.com adresses , but even then was thinking to check it first so sent an email and came back as a mailer daemon because the e-mail address doesn’t exist.
I’m not such a daftie and wouldn’t give out and personal data but thanks for your concerns:)

3 Likes

OOh what a shame, I know the feeling though. I felt the same since I have just added that necklace to my shop the previous day, but hey. Maybe next time it would be a real person:)FIngers crossed

1 Like

True, but I guess lots of people wouldn’t register for one purchase. They would think it’s too much of a hassle and go elsewhere, so is good and bad in the same time

Are you sure the address was incomplete? Ireland addresses don’t have postcodes (that I’ve ever heard of?) and occasionally look like they would never make it to their destination! I often have to double-take an address but always ship and have never had any problems. Sorry you had to refund :frowning:

The problem wasn’t so much the address, which I would have confirmed if I had been able to make contact, but that no payment was received and I got no reply to my e-mails.

1 Like

Ooh I’m so sorry - I just re-read your message! Totally understand, sounds very frustrating!

1 Like

I wonder that maybe some people think there is a basket where they can save items for later purchase, so she/he dropped it there but actually it comes trough as an order? Is that possible?

It doesn’t come through as an order until they click preceed to check out. just putting it into the basket doesn’t send out the your have a sale email

It’s possible. I assumed they had just had a problem with the checkout process so I e-mailed to check and offer to maybe send them an invoice through Paypal, but got no reply. I tried another message a day later and still got no reply. Maybe they just changed their mind at the last minute?