Folksy 365 - Daily Listing and Group Promotion Thread - May 2023

In lieu of my daughter not smiling, I have relisted this mug cosy! Lol!

Natalie x

22 Likes

Fab, thank you! I was just looking at those :+1:

13 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s a good idea! I hadnā€™t though of that!! Thank you :+1:

15 Likes

Afternoon all, happy dancing for your sale Brenda @teabreaks :slight_smile: :dancer:t3:

Thank you for voluteering Sue @SueTrevor Anna @Fififoxi Mandy @feelfeltfound and Nikki @GlintBeads we have 1 plus a back up now for June and July and 1 for August all noted in the tally post at the top.

Welcome to those new joining and those returning and itā€™s good news about your OH Valerie @valerie :hugs:

18 Likes

Thank you Jennie :heart::smiling_face: so kind

@MaxPringJewellery one sale to report from me :blush:

16 Likes

Thank you so much, Iā€™m pretty pleased with them. Just need to find time to make more now

15 Likes

I am back this month as I have a few new items that I have made. I followed the thread last month and loved all the beautiful makes.
We were in Belfast last week visiting a friend so went to the Titanic museum which was excellent. We also went for a drive along the Antrim coast road, which is beautiful, went for a tour of the Bushmills distillery and went to the Giants Causeway. It was a lovely break.
My new listing

23 Likes

Just got home from soft play. We were just leaving and somehow my car locked itself up as soon as I shut the doorā€¦ With my keys insideā€¦ And my daughter strapped in her car seat :weary::weary: so stressful Iā€™m still shaking inside.
Luckily my boyfriend had second set of keys and came to rescue us, took about 20 mins though but my little girl was so brave, bless her. She was just watching her tablet munching on her quavers :joy: :joy: :joy:
Picture of her cheekiness

Welcome everyone new to this thread, itā€™s a lovely group to be part off.

22 Likes

Evening all. Hope youā€™re all enjoying the bank holiday. Me & the family did a little walk at Box Hill (Dorking) today and just about managed to dodge the rain! Todayā€™s jewellery is the cute pair of rhino earrings x

24 Likes

Gosh Zuzana @knotsoneat thats scary! Glad it was all fine in the end and she enjoyed her quavers!

15 Likes

evening all, happy dancing for your sale Zuzana @knotsoneat :slight_smile: :dancer:t3: but what a scare!!! glad everything was sorted fairly quickly

Sounds like a lovely break Andrea @GrannysHandknits. Your beach day sounds lovely too Natalie @NOfkantsCurios, how are you going to wean yourself off collecting when you downsize :thinking:

19 Likes

Lovely to see you back Valarie @valerie Good to hear your husband is improving too. Both of you take care. xx
Welcome to the thread all the newbies. This is a lovely place to be.
Glad everything turned out fine for you Zuzana @knotsoneat
Congratulations to those with sales. xx

16 Likes

I might have to populate the beach with all the fossils I have in the garage lol!

18 Likes

Just heading home from a lovely roast tea at my in-laws - yum!

Lovely to see so many new and returning faces :blush:

Zuzana @knotsoneat that sounds terrifying, thank goodness your little girl wasnā€™t too worried by it.

One sale to add please Max @MaxPringJewellery

17 Likes

Good evening everyone,

Thank you for last month Natalie @NOfkantsCurios and thank you for taking over this month Max @MaxPringJewellery

I hope youā€™ve all had a good Bank Holiday. We had a long walk with the Werewolf, a coffee and snack stop before the walk home. He is shattered because he met up with two of his buddies and then I had the audacity to give him a bath! He was beginning to smell a bit funky :joy: probably mostly slobber from his bestie.

Welcome to all newbies. Itā€™s a lovely little community.

I hope anyone struggling feels better soon.

Have a lovely evening :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A relist this evening

22 Likes

I did something similar many years ago when my son was littleā€¦fortunately I always carried the spare keys with me and never ever let go of any keys until I was safely insideā€¦I once had a car that had a mind of its own and would just lock itself with no warningā€¦in the end I went to the garage and got them to REMOVE the remote and I just used the keys to manually lock it.
I am glad your little one wasnā€™t too traumatised and that you were able to contact someone for help x
Even for my house, I have spare keys with neighboursā€¦as when first married I went into the front gardenā€¦the wind blew the front door shut with my son of 17 months insideā€¦Luckily on that occasion a bedroom window was open and I borrowed a ladder to climb up and insideā€¦I NEVER let go of my keys these daysā€¦neverā€¦

17 Likes

Glad it all worked out ok and your daughter was oblivious to it.

I remember one of my neighbours naughty young son locked himself in the car just as they were preparing it to go off on holiday. He knew exactly what he was doing and refused to open the door. He held out for nearly an hour while his dad was in a terrible state pleading with him.

16 Likes

I once locked my middle child in the car when on holiday in Cyprus, he was in the middle of the back seat, I was the driver, parked up, opened the back door picked up my daughter, 4 at the time, my hubby opened then other back door to let my eldest out, who was 10 at the time, and we both thought we had got the middle one out, (aged 6) we only walked a few steps away, and realised Simon was not with us, turned back to see him looking sad, looking at us through the back window, tears streaming, poor soul!

17 Likes

Has anyone noticed a change to Pinterest? It seems like I canā€™t follow links back to their source now. If I click on a pin, I just get offered more similar posts.

16 Likes

Ok so here is my first May listing and first listing of a hand made cardā€¦ :star2:

24 Likes