Folksy 365 Daily Listing Challenge - APRIL 2020. Please read the first post for joining info

Good morning all, your woodpecker and puffin are fabulous Roz @OrchardFelts. Last day of April, I can’t believe how quickly the time is going, even if the days are all blurring into one!

I have a set today Necklace & Earring Set

19 Likes

Hi everyone, today is the first ‘birthday’ of SulikoSoul and i have a 3-day sale 20%off. Feel free to promote in any way if you have time, I would appreciate it :slight_smile: todays relist is a coaster https://folksy.com/items/7432808-Brinscall-Woods-coaster

18 Likes

Morning all, thank you Natalie @NOfkantsCurios for hosting April Daily Post.

Well done on all the sales, feels quite good not having my shop open have achieved so much with the de-cluttering etc. Have a long way to go before I can say happy but at least half way through. Sewing for me today the Birthday gift blouse have been meaning to start for ages, life kept getting in the way. The next 3 days will be glued to my machines.

A non-relist from me

16 Likes

Morning all,
It’s my daughter’s birthday today, it’s going to be very different to normal, the cake is baked but not finished so no photo. Also, I ordered cocoa from Tesco and it wasn’t in stock, so it’s a very pale mocha cake! We’ll see how it tastes later.
Today’s listing

18 Likes

all done to here, looks like more rain for the garden today! More Venetian drops from me today -

17 Likes

Good Morning everyone :slight_smile:

I love your woodpecker and puffin Roz @OrchardFelts and your earrings and necklace set are beautiful Max @MaxPringJewellery xx
Everyone on here amazes me at the quality and amount of work you all manage to produce - you are all superstars!

My listing today is another moongazing hare

18 Likes

After frustrating day yesterday ( finishing stage of new sewing project and discovered had run out of black embroidery thread - doh) hope to start something else today while I wait for delivery. Still no sales but we soldier on!

Lovely cat @patchworkpetportraitsbyjobo, fabulous birds & brooch @OrchardFelts and sweet booties @GrannysHandknits (wish you had my size!). Pendant today.:blush:

19 Likes

Here we are, help yourselves to a piece everyone.
Mocha sponge cake with white chocolate drops in the sponge, biscoff spread in the middle and a dark chocolate ganache with fresh strawberries for decoration, that makes it healthy doesn’t it :rofl:

27 Likes

My kind of breakfast…:smile:

11 Likes

That Looks so yummy! XxxxxX

11 Likes

Om nom…that looks amazing!

11 Likes

https://folksy.com/items/7457143-Baby-booties-Stripey-booties-New-born-Baby-shower-Unisex-booties

New boots anyone? unisex baby booties new in to day
Have a rewarding day all…

19 Likes

Most fairs I have done haven’t been very lucrative, but after a lot of trial and error I found one that worked for me. It was actually a big outdoor three day event steam fair where my transport themed and local landscape art went down well. Apart from good takings at the event, I handed out lots of business cards that have provided additional business throughout the year. Sometimes you only need one good fair. Finding the right one takes a bit of research and patience.
Re Instagram, you need to start building your following. Folksy sellers will be happy to help but need to know you are there. (I’m now following you btw). The Folksy Friday collages are good, seek out some other Folksy sellers on Instagram with a healthy following, promote them in a collage, tag them to let them know. They will most likely follow you back, like and leave a comment. Comments and likes push you up the Instagram pecking order.
Follow as many other artists and crafters as you can, “like” and comment on their posts This may sound counter intuitive, but they have followers too (some are buyers) and the follow, like , comment cycle should hopefully see an increase in your following. It goes without saying that you should use folksy hashtags (especially on #folksyfriday). Also think of who your target audience might be and experiment with hashtags that might attract them. Put hashtags in the Instagram search bar before you use them, see what comes up and see how many likes and comments they get.
I would definitely put more original artwork in your Folksy shop. Original art makes up about 90% of my sales. I sell cards too. I have only ever sold one print on Folksy!

17 Likes

Caught up to here.
Congratulations to those with sales.
Love the tie pin @TChristianJewellery. Lovely ceramic hare @thedotterypotter.
Relist today, South Phoenix Engine House. south phoenix engine house

19 Likes

@Bimblebird thanks so much :purple_heart::heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

@ChrisStoneArtist can I ask you a question about listing on folksy please? Is there an option to sell more than 1 of the same item at a discounted price when listing? So say 1 card £3 2 cards £5.

9 Likes

I’ve started a separate thread for newer sellers to leave their Instagram details.

13 Likes

I don’t think so, I just do a separate listing for a group of cards at a discount.
I’m extremely flattered that people think I’m the font of all knowledge (I’m so not!). So this thread doesn’t get clogged with these important questions, may I suggest that you start a new thread on the forum with any selling questions you may have (also join the Folksy Clubhouse page on Facebook) where your question will reach a wide number of sellers who are far more knowledgeable and experienced than I am.

13 Likes

good morning all…raining again…
today I have a new baby cardigan
https://folksy.com/items/7436970-first-size-baby-V-neck-cardigan-ref-f97-DSCF0001 (14)

17 Likes

Thanks for your helpful comments Chris. Personally, I’m a rabbit in headlights when it comes to using social media for promotion/sales, I think maybe a lot of us are!:blush:

10 Likes