Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - May 2021

Hi All

Apologies for being absent without explanation

Last Friday (May 7th, 8am) I woke up to a FaceTime call with my son holding a newborn, which was unexpected as there was still over 2 weeks to go. He was born at home but had to be ambulanced to hospital, he’s now absolutely fine but it took a week. We dropped everything to care for The Adorable Li’l Distraction who is a remarkable little 2 year old & is being a wonderful big brother. We’re all very lucky to have a good outcome & my absolute delight is to see the 4 of them in their lovely family unit.

I’m pretty certain Amanda must’ve told you about yesterday’s devastating fire at Krowji which is an amazing creative hub in Redruth. A friend is waiting to hear if her studio is affected, apparently a kiln might be the cause which is a dreadful thought - but luckily the fire was prevented from spreading.

Anyway, after being dominated my gorgeous grandson I’m just about picking up again but will probably dip out from here until next month.

Hope you all have a great emerge from lockdown
See you soon
Elly x

28 Likes

Morning everyone :slight_smile:

Ah Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker - I’m so glad that after making an early appearance your new little Grandson is doing well. Sounds like your lil distraction is enjoying being a big brother xx
How horrible about the fire - hope your friend’s studio is not too badly damaged x

My listing today is a little birdhouse

26 Likes

good morning…blue skies and sunshine here at the moment.
Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker I am glad that everything is ok…you must have been very worried for a while.
Today I have another aceo miniature painting

25 Likes

If you want to create a large clickable photo in your posts - here is a link to a couple of methods.
(this doesn’t work for every device)
It looks like a faff but after you’ve done it a few times, it is pretty easy.

Sorry if you’ve seen this before but I do post it sporadically if people need help x

19 Likes

Congratulations Elly to you and your family, it’s so lovely when a little grandchild puts in an appearance. :baby: :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Morning all. Posting from my other shop again. Off to love and read the above posts now.

26 Likes

Morning.
Big congrats Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker The Krowji fire sounds like it did a lot of damage, I am going to see what tools I can spare, as I have heard that some jewellers lost everything.

Can I add one to the tally please Max @MaxPringJewellery

Might not list much this week, as daughter has arrived, and not sure what the plans are. Will continue to love all and pin a few though.

21 Likes

Ooh recipe for that one please Natalie!! :yum:

11 Likes

That’s lovely news for you. Glad baby and mum are doing well. Crafting or baby duties I know what I would rather be doing.

12 Likes

Fabulous news on the new addition, a very good distraction. I hope your friends studio turns out to be ok x

11 Likes

Morning all - hope you all had a fabulous weekend? I’m feeling a bit stiff and achy this morning: decorating Saturday & Sunday in the bathroom. It’s not until you start painting a bathroom that you realise how much cutting in there is to do… and then there’s the bit where you have to squeeze your head down behind the toilet of course… lovely way to spend the weekend! Still, looks good though, rather pleased with how it turned out :slight_smile:

I’ve caught up with everyone’s listings from the weekend and pinned the two above me. I’ve decided to have a break from the Fantasy Portraits today and list one of my wooden guestbooks instead - thanks everyone!

23 Likes

My first time creating a handbound book - I’ve always loved stationery!

Congrats to Elly :slight_smile: always great to hear baby news… anyone off to the pub today!!!

24 Likes

Morning, everyone. It’s the start of a new week and my high street table gaming shop opens back up to the public today, so we have been very busy cleaning ect. Hope everyone has a good week. :smiley: Jack Russell Treat Bag - Jack Russell poop bag ... - Folksy

25 Likes

@MaxPringJewellery I had 3 sales on the 14th :smiley:

I’m sure from someone in here sharing my greyhound poop bag holder :smiley:
yayyyy (me doing a little dance lol :slight_smile:

17 Likes

oohh congratulations! Grandma is the best job in the world

Sorry to hear of the fire, that must be awful for the crafters who are based there :frowning:

12 Likes

Hi all,
Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker so pleased for you…enjoy!
Enjoy your day off max @MaxPringJewellery x

Here’s my offering today

28 Likes

Morning all from a very dull and overcast Oswestry. It’s not very nice here again, I think I will be dodging the raindrops for my walk today.

Many congratulations Elly on becoming a Grandma again, you are so lucky. I wont ever have that honour I’m sorry to say. It must be wonderful.

That fire sounds awful. I can’t imagine how it must feel to lose everything like that.

Today I have a green star bag charm

26 Likes

Morning all.

Thanks for all the weather well-wishes and anti-rain dances :rofl: We did have a couple of hefty showers but it could have been so much worse. Footfall was lower than some of the previous markets at that venue but my sales were reasonable - not as good as good as the best there but not as bad as the worst either. At least I made a reasonable profit, which has boosted my mojo a little as it had taken a battering from the inactivity in my Folksy shop. I normally sell pretty well on here but sales have fallen off a cliff and I’m having my worst run in four years. Hey-ho, it is what it is. Maybe I’ll finally get around to trying those experimental projects I’ve had in mind for a while.

I’ve caught up with thread now after missing yesterday. Congratulations to all the family Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker. I’m so glad that what must have been quite an anxious time has turned out well.

I’ve had this leafy fabric for a while and wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to do with it. Inspiration finally struck late last week. Now to decide what to do with the remainder.

TOT223 Woodland tote bag

26 Likes

Oh my days time has really flown past me this morning, loved a few of the listings so far but will have to come back later and do the rest as I’m off out to my Mum’s for lunch, not only can I go in her house today but I can also hug her. We’re not a huggy family but having not been able to, like virtually everyone else, it’s been really tough… and I definitely don’t want to be late!

25 Likes

Congratulations on being a Grannie again Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker. I hope your friend’s studio is OK. A kiln fire - my great dread, since Francis’s enamelling kiln sits in our dining room! It’s been there for thirty years now though, and, fingers crossed, apart from interesting singe marks on the carpet where red hot copper has been accidently dropped, there have been no major mishaps. (I have threatened to make him crawl all over the floor making more marks, so as to make them look like a deliberate pattern, but since I litter the place with colourful bits of thread, I can hardly really complain!)
I’m all loved/liked to here. I’ll be back later with a listing - I hope.

18 Likes