Found this in my Spam Box

Do you reckon its spam. I know there are some weird emails going around but this is the first time I’ve ever had one like this.

Hello,
I tried calling you several times today, and I’m not getting through for some reasons.
I found a poor social authority of your business. If your website or Facebook fan page does not have many Facebook fans, why would someone visit your Facebook Fanpage and trust you? People Like you when other people like you. The more people LIKE your website and fanpage, the better credibility you will have with new visitors. It works the same for Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. When people visit your website and see you have a lot of Twitter or Instagram Followers, they want to follow you too. They want to know what the type of your business is and why all those people are following you. New Fans and Followers always make a bigger impact in your business and revenue.
Please visit my website http://social-sprout.com/ and I could help you out a lot. I have a small office out here in Silicon Valley and I’m just trying to make a name for myself.

Sincerely,
James McClendon
1425 Hillside Ave, Ste 154 San Jose, CA, 95121
http://social-sprout.com/
03.03.2015 16:03:42

Just delete it!!!

do spoof@ whoever happens to be your email provider

This is spam and even possible a phishing scam so I hope you didn’t click the link.

Your email supplier will then mark this email address as a spammer and block anymore emails from them getting through to you.

1 Like

No @EileensCraftStudio I didn’t click the link.

good good and sorry my post should have read click forward to spoof@…

1 Like

I’ve deleted it now @EileensCraftStudio . I never click any links until I’ve asked someones opinions first especially if they look suspicious and are in my spam box.

Yes I think it looks dodgy too.

Its a generic spam email just like the ones from all the companies who promise to improve your position in google search returns and so on, they charge you a large amount of money and can’t guarentee any more sales. This guy is offering to get you lots more facebook etc likes but with no guarentee that they will be from your target market or get you more sales. Since he can’t even get his own name to come top of a google search I would doubt his skills (if in doubt google).
Just delete it and any others like it that may turn up.

1 Like

Agree with everything that’s been said and also, he couldn’t possibly have tried international calling several times (??) as that’s way too expensive and so not a good business strategy. Why not start with his own local market. So because it’s almost certain he has lied about this, I’d say this is more likely to be a phishing email rather than a spam marketing one.

2 Likes

He’s been deleted now so hopefully he’ll leave me alone.

1 Like

So many dodgy people out there.

I still keep getting phone calls every week from people asking about my car accident and wanting to represent me, except I haven’t had a car accident for well over 20 years !

That’s even after I opted to delist from those types of advertising cold calls.

I think from 1st April the law is coming in so those nuisance calls will be illegal, so I told the last caller that, and he was dumbfounded and didn’t know what to say !
Let’s see what happens…

3 Likes

I actually had someone ring me yesterday saying they had a special on Wills and was I interested. Some people are so annoying.

It’s been all over the National News but I’m not sure when it comes into affect.