Gift ideas button on my listing?

So when I look at one of my shop listings right at the top there is a ‘Departments’ Tab and a purple ‘Gift Ideas’ facilitating navigation away from my listing . This is on my mobile display.

How long has that been there ? It caught my eye this morning but perhaps if have simply not noticed before lol

I confess I haven’t been active much on Folksy in last few months as I have been doing a few craft fairs !

I just looking on mine and I don’t see anything. I’m on my tablet.

So there’s a departments header and a purple ’ gift ideas’ tab right along the top when I look at a listing on my PC too.

Maybe its been there for AGES and I have only just noticed ! ….

Sorry it’s there :roll_eyes:
I had a nose at gifts under £5.
I have one item for sale under £5 but sadly not in the gift ideas. Though there are duplicates of one shop there. What do we do to get noticed. Can’t even get noticed here.

1 Like

The Gift Ideas button was introduced quite a while back - caused a lot of upset, as so many of us agreed that it was annoying to have got people into your shop only to have them tempted straight back out! I don’t even notice it now, to be honest - not sure if customers spot it or not. I’d rather it wasn’t there, but hey ho, it looks like it’s here to stay.

1 Like

I remember the ‘Red button ‘ debacle , I thought it disappeared for a bit ? But maybe I have that wrong!

If it has been there for a while but I have only just noticed it then I guess it’s not that big a deal lol!

Oh my goodness, I’ve never noticed that before! That is a bit annoying that there’s a button that will take people away from your shop at the top of every listing!! I can only hope that the fact that I’ve never noticed it means that my potential customers won’t notice it either!

1 Like

Just found the old thread - December 14! I’d forgotten that there had been an older red/pink button - that’s what had upset a lot of us. It seems I for one was a lot happier with the subtle purple one lol!

Edit - trying to get the link right!

I do remember the uproar when it first appeared and I think Folksy came to a compromise by making it a little more subtle. Like others I wish it wasn’t there but looks like its there to stay. Having said that I dont really notice it any more and not sure I would think to click on it if I was shopping, its not that obvious that it is a clickable button.

1 Like

I must say I’d never noticed it. It’s alongside the “Categories”, which would take people away from the shop anyway.
And if it’s been here for four years already, it goes to show it’s not that noticeable!

1 Like