HELP! Need help with "Laugh A Day" plan -

Hi Folks,
I would really appreciate it if the good folk of Folksy could help me out. Yesterday my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 42 - needless to say it’s knocked her for 6 and shocked us all. She is starting chemo next week and terrified, angry, upset, and worried sick (least of alll because she has 2 small children).
I know that there is nothing I can do that will make things better, but as any of you who have looked in my shop will know, the one thing I can do is try to make her laugh and take her mind off things. I have decided to send her an e-mail a day with an attachment to make her laugh or inspire her. So… BIG FAVOUR… I know many of you spent your time patrolling pintrest and the internet… if you come across anything that makes you laugh, could you please paste a link below or send it to me via messages (shop name Mungbeans). Incidentally, if anyone else is having a tough time lately and could also use a laugh a day, just message me and I will send you the e-mail too…
Thanks everyone
Nat aka Mungbean

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I saw this the other day and it made me giggle, I hope it helps xx

1 Like

You can be there to allow her to vent - ‘bitch and a brew’ as we know it - surprisingly therapeutic.
This made me giggle and drool a bit.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I was diagnosed at the age of 29, my son was almost 5 and had just started full time school. I’m now nearly 45, my son is at Uni and I have a 12 year old daughter. There is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it seems an awful long way off at times. Help her to focus on the positive, make her meals and help out with the kids if she’s feeling yucky (and she will…). Keep watching jumping llamas, maybe buy her a Cup of Courage from Katie Abey’s shop.

Hope everything turns out ok, Andrea

2 Likes

I first saw this video last year on FB and it still always makes me happy!

Love Sam x

So sorry to hear about your friend’s diagnosis. Perhaps a few of the pins on this board will provide a laugh:- https://uk.pinterest.com/firehorse3/made-me-laugh/

So sorry to hear about you friend’s devastating diagnosis. Perhaps this might cheer her up it always makes me laugh, I’ve watched it no end of times, dare I say in the hope that a towel might slip…

Lynn x

That’s brightened my day and I’m in the midst of a burglary insurance claim.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I saw this today and it made me laugh I hope it makes her feel better

The magnetic spoon prank

Such sad news but what a lovely idea - and I can see me visiting this thread regularly! Heres one that popped up on my news feed the other day.

3 Likes

So glad it brightened your day Sasha. Hope you get the burglaryclaim sorted soon, I’ve only had to do it once and that was in Spain to a non English speaking policeman and my Spanish leaves a lot to be desired.
Lynn x

Hi there,
I hand paint little trinkets with positive affirmations for the day, this listing is for a mother’s dayversion but it can be personalised for a best friend if you fancy.