Folksy Ltd

Ideas on what to take Gran in Hospital

(Tracy Stevenson) #1

Hi, I’m going to be going to see my sick Gran in hospital this afternoon. She is being fed through a tube all her food and drink at present. Does anyone have any ideas what I can take her to cheer her up? I would of taken something nice to eat or drink but that option is now out. I have made her a elasticated bracelet. I also though I could do her nails so they are neat with some clear nail polish. My mind’s gone blank as what to take so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Tracy xxx

(Hazel Rayfield) #2

Hope your Gran feels better soon :slight_smile:

How about something to read, a magazine maybe and in a practical note a packet of tissues or wet wipes maybe - sounds silly but I appreciated them when I had an op last year.

Hazel

(Christine Shephard) #3

I love the idea of doing her nails, that’s so thoughtful and should make her feel pampered. Magazines are great to flick through, even if she doesn’t fancy reading them. Some fragrant talc or soap is nice to freshen up with, or some perfumed hand cream maybe? I think she’ll appreciate your visit anyway, whatever you take her.

(Tracy Stevenson) #4

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile: Yes wet wipes are a really good idea and so is the hand cream/talc. I had a lovely perfume which I got for christmas I’m going to take the lotion that came in the box with that. It smells lovely Nina Ricci, I think it is. xx