If you could share one tip with new sellers, what would it be?

Just to add that British Crafters promotion has been amazingly successful for lots of Folksy shops and that we have now moved bookings to here http://www.britishcrafters.co.uk

Thanks for your encouragement, its so easy to sit here making things on my own wondering if Im doing the right thing or not! Your shop is great too - you have a lot more items than I do!! I love your russian dolls purse set. Right, I think Iā€™ll get started on my Facebook page then.

2 Likes

What a great piece of advice! Very supportive, constructive and inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Hi all - I just wanted to share my experience - been on Folksy for a while now and I recently changed all my titles so they included more likely search terms - rather than ā€œgoodā€ names - this has made such a difference to the traffic it was well worth going back over everything - there is always room for improvement !

4 Likes

Hi Everyone - I have sat down with a cuppa and read through your comments tonight. Thank you for sharing them. I think good pictures are a must and Iā€™ve played around with my page to make it look interesting and welcoming + the good use of key words. I have also picked up some very good tips from my son - connectivity ie Twitter, Hootsuite and Instagram are very good tools to show case your Folksy Shop.

1 Like

Tip number 1:Do not fish toast out of a toaster (that is plugged in) with a knife!!!
2:Do not put your tongue on frozen stuff eg alluminium ladders outside
3:Always wear clean underwearā€¦you never know!!!
4:If at first you donā€™t succeed, give up and try something else.
5:Never give tips.

I hope this helpsā€¦goodbye.

5 Likes

If you could share one tip with a ā€˜returning after a breakā€™ seller, what would it be? Hello. Iā€™m on my way back, to those who may remember me and hello, Iā€™m here to those who donā€™t. Serious question. Iā€™m very rusty, particularly about promoting. If anyoneā€™s got time to bullet point me some advice, Iā€™d be SO grateful.

Maybe including your name in tags so that people can find you? Vicki @VickiCockcroftJewellery

2 Likes

Wow, Rachel. Thank you so much. Iā€™m on it. Or, I will be tomorrow! V grateful. Vicki

1 Like

So much fantastic advice really helps us new sellers very grateful

As a new seller on Folksy I very much appreciate all of the advice given here. Thank you x

1 Like

My thoughts are simply- good photos matter.
Ever since I started putting more effort into my pictures, people have been taking more interest. Recently I was struggling with photographing prints against the background that I used for jewellery (looked great for my jewellery though) so over the weekend I started re photographing them on white backgrounds and got a great response. So it really does pay off.

1 Like

Shame weā€™re giving away good advice to new sellers on Etsy! Folksy is the most wonderful place, full of friendly people and good advice :blush:

1 Like

OMG Iā€™m so sorry for this! I meant Folksy! I had tried the other site before and find Folksy much better. I can only apologise for this slip up wooooops!!!:blush:
Post has been changed :blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the amazing advice, itā€™s heart warming to see the generosity of other sellers :smile:

1 Like

After reading some useful tips from the sellerā€™s newsletter I thought Iā€™d experiment with a time-lapse video of one of my pieces being made. I did a bit of googling and found a free App called OSnap for my iphone and took my first ever time lapse video with my phone balanced on my sonā€™s hiking boot. I thought it looked a bit amateurish, but I posted it on my facebook page to see how it would go down. After only a few hours itā€™s had more then 3,000 views and Iā€™ve been contacted by a local news website (who have now posted a piece: http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/lego-statue-created-glasgows-famous-11209051) and a feature writer from the Sun newspaper wanting to do a feature! Wow - talk about impact!

4 Likes

great video :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Sally, it was surprisingly easy - it took about half an hour. Next time Iā€™d use a tripod instead of a boot though! I used bostik sticky dots to keep the base in place in between shots.

1 Like

Some great tips here. Just scrolling through heaps of experience. Started this a couple of months ago but was focussing my energies in selling elsewhere. Here is my shop. Please have a look and if any suggestions, they would be most welcome!!

Hedge and Hog Prints

https://folksy.com/shops/pragyaagarwal

Iā€™m new to Folksy. How do I get hits on my items? Iā€™ve been tweeting my listings but just donā€™t know what to do next. Any tips for a newby?

1 Like