I've enrolled on a course!

Although I am happy with the way my work turns out (usually!) I am completely self taught and am very much a suck it and see sort of person. I’m not very good at sampling ideas, I tend to wade right in and if it works, great - if not, just another one for the don’t do that again pile! I’m very excited as I have just enrolled on a felt making course, it is a pretty basic course but I’m hoping that it may teach me a few things I haven’t worked out yet but more importantly it will force me to start from scratch and be a bit more methodical in my approach to felting. I’m really looking forward to having something new to focus on and working on my portfolio for assessment :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Sounds really good! Good luck! :blush:

1 Like

Brilliant idea. I think we all learn to do things in our own way when faced with something new and then we’re left wondering if there is an easier / better way of doing it.
At least this way you’ll find out and probably find your way of doing it is actually better !
Enjoy.

2 Likes

I’ve done the same thing myself, and found that it was really useful to find out how I was supposed to be doing things that I’d worked out my own way of doing! Also, how to do something that I’d never really considered before…

1 Like

Oh have a wonderful time Roz. Nothing better than spending time with like minded crafters, learning top tips, new methods or just having a laugh.
When do you go, look forward to seeing all your new ideas.
Suzzie x

1 Like

Its not a course that I attend as such - just a syllabus of techniques that I need to demonstrate and send in samples of my work for assessment. I can attend workshops or ask advise if I get stuck along the way but will mainly be working on my own in my own time which suits me better. It will probably take me at least a year or more to complete but I will enjoy the challenge :slight_smile:

Hope you really enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great! enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I will still be here, knitting my new tea cosie, to see your new creations as you list them in your shop.
Happy felting,
Suzzie x

1 Like

That sounds fab! I’m sure you’ll enjoy learning new things you hadn’t thought of and look forward to seeing what you will create with them - Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great, I’m sure you will enjoy learning new techniques x

1 Like

Exciting times - received my first batch of wool for my course today - wool fibres from 10 different breeds of sheep to be sampled. Cant wait to get going but have got to be patient and wait until I have moved house in July :frowning:

3 Likes

Rather you than me Roz, moving house AND waiting patiently!!!
Suzzie x

Sounds exciting! Hope you continue to make lots of fab things! PS hope the house move goes well - what a great opportunity to get all those crafty bits reorganised somewhere fresh! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am currently buying new storage boxes as though they are going out of fashion Heidi @Textiletreasure

1 Like

What a wonderful idea, hope you get a lot from it. Looking forward to seeing some of your new creations :slight_smile:

There’s nothing like getting some nice neat boxes and piling everything in! :slight_smile: