Mammogram recall - just need to offload really

Great photo Sarah. You look great! Pleased you are coping well. Xx

1 Like

Sarah you are very courageous and an inspiration to us all. Keep going and thank you for sharing your photo, you look great.

1 Like

Great photo good to hear you are coping ok with the treatment xx

1 Like

Sarah, I have come into this discussion at a very late stage. I read your first posting and thought the discussion was still going to be about that dreadful time of waiting for your results. So I quickly skipped to the latest posting to see your smiling face following chemotherapy. I then read your full story. What an incredibly strong, optimistic, determined and beautiful woman you are. Hope the remaining treatments pass quickly. Certainly a challenging year for you. You are one heck of a woman and anyone who knows you is very lucky.

4 Likes

That is such a lovely thing to say…thank you!
There have been some dark moments when I haven’t felt optimistic at all, but for the most part it’s been okay.
Chemotheraphy was the part I was dreading from the start, but it’s been so much more doable than I thought it would be, and now, with my 5th of 6 treatments on Monday I can finally see the end!
Radiation follows, 4 weeks, Monday to Friday, but after chemo that shouldn’t be too bad.
And I’m looking forward to celebrating the end of active treatment mid October :slight_smile:
Sarah x

13 Likes

You are an inspiration. PMA Positive Mental attitude x

3 Likes

Great to read your update and hear you’re nearing the end of your chemo. Good luck with the radiotherapy and as you say, the end is in sight x

2 Likes

Hey gorgeous, just checking in and sending you a wave - hope the gap between the chemo and radiation feels like getting your life back and gaining strength x

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the support, it means a lot xx

Monday is my final chemo, which I’m so excited about as it’s a huge milestone that seemed so far away when I started the chemo journey at the beginning of May.
I just scraped by today with the blood test for not needing a blood transfusion after the final chemo - low haemoglobin levels - and start radiotheraphy on 10th September…it was supposed to be three weeks, but they’ve added on an extra week.

Absolutely and completely shattered for most of the time now, and limping towards the finish, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Looking forward to getting back to normality, and celebrating the end of active treatment in October!

Sarah xx

11 Likes

And done!!!
Chemo done, dusted, survived intact, abeit slightly heavier, and completed on schedule :slight_smile:

This was the first chemo I went in to with a smile on my face, a massive milestone completed.
Now just the radiation to get through and I’ll have completed my triathlon of cancer treatment!

Sarah xx

7 Likes

Woohoo!!! Well done Sarah! I’m so glad you can put that behind you now, you’re almost finished your treatments. That’s awesome. I’m so glad for you. You are amazing and beautiful and brave! xxx

1 Like

That’s brilliant Sarah, wishing you all the best with the radiation treatment. xx

1 Like

Congrats, hope the radiation treatment is less unpleasant. Keep smiling x

1 Like

Well done Sarah. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Nearly there now. Xxx

1 Like

So good to hear you’ve finished with the chemo. Hope the radiation goes as smoothly as possible. Home straight now. xxx

1 Like

Onwards and upwards…well done x

1 Like

Glad to hear chemo is now over, hope the radiation passes quickly and smoothly. Great as modern treatments are I believe its your positivity that has had the greatest effect in beating this - you really are an inspiration. Keep smiling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done Sarah, glad the chemo’s finished, onwards and upwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sarah. I have been following your story board on this thread for sometime & just wanted to add my best wishes for the next phase. From experience, I know it can be gruelling along with a whole range of emotions! Hang in there, keep strong & positive, & rockin’ your new look! :grin::muscle::metal:

1 Like

Well, nearly eight months since diagnosis the finishing line is so close I can almost touch it!

Following two surgeries, chemotheraphy and radiation I now have just a week of booster radio sessions to go, starting tomorrow.
I have a feeling it’s going to be an emotional end to active treatment, and I shall be armed with tissues on Friday.
I think only at the end will the enormity of what’s happened hit me, and I’m looking forward to finding my new normal.
Balder, sweatier, definitely more achey, but still me :slight_smile:

Sarah xx

15 Likes