May art chat thread

Thanks Brenda.
Can’t believe my little girl is 16yo today, where do the years go? We’re getting ready to go out for lunch, about to pop the cork!

1 Like

Lovely work everyone. :blush: Brenda, hope you enjoyed your trip on the bus :upside_down_face:

Here’s some new work from me

3 Likes

I’ve had to go paint something bleak and moody to counter all the animals ive been painting recently, moody landscapes are where my heart rests…

1 Like

Great work Graham and Lowri.
The bus trip was interesting…I came home in the taxi (now I don’t have anything to pay on the car and money from the sale of the car…I can be treated like royalty.)
Today I have a 7x5 watercolour landscape…

Boat, A3 watercolour. Hey people, are you all getting creative!? Roll on summer, hope this rain moves away before we go up to Anglesey at the end of this month.

2 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: Time zooms by in my house, I hardly ever get on here these days so it’s really
great to browse all of your paintings when I do.

I have a new ACEO to show you, the first thing that I’ve painted just for fun for months. My time is mostly taken up with pup (who is now 8 months old and doing really well with her training), and my class decided they wanted to develop further into gouache resist so I’ve been doing a lot of prep for that.

Has the photo with a link option disappeared? I’m sure we used to be able to upload a photo and add where you wanted the link to go.

2 Likes

no idea about the link thing Stephie…lovely painting…
Glad the pup is doing well…you will cry buckets when she goes !!!

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Love your landscapes GK and Brenda :slight_smile:

I’m doing some live drawing at a gallery tonight at the launch of a new Arts prize. Quite nervous but looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone. I’m awful in social situations, and usually draw on a small scale so it’ll be fun to size up :slight_smile:

Prep’ work:

2 Likes

Good luck tonight Lowri, no pressure ;o)
I had lots of work to do in the garden this morning but its bucketing it down, did a bit of painting instead, practicing with tone and contrast- Night Snow, A4 watercolour.

2 Likes

Gorgeous painting!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the luck. It was so scary at first with two big 6x4 feet boards to do and everyone walking around and watching, but it went really well. I finished both boards, and apart from one ‘old school artist’ being slightly snobby at first, everyone was really positive. I can’t get pictures of my camera until tomorrow though.

2 Likes

great work everyone…waving Lowri and Graham
My daughter has re-opened her folksy shop and this is one of her aceo paintings

2 Likes

Interesting style, I like it.

1 Like

I finished my second painting for hanging in the bathroom, Jellyfish, A4 watercolour.

2 Likes

another of Kelly’s paintings…it is encaustic art…painted with melted wax

1 Like

Hi all hope you are all doing well. Your daughter’s ACEO is nice Brenda.
a friend has just opened a Folksy shop. If you would like to show it some love here is a link.

She is raising money for First Touch, A charity that supports premature and sick babies at St George’s Hospital in Tooting

waves…xxx

2 Likes

Love this ship Stephie!

1 Like

lovely to see you back here Tessa

Love your daughters Art, Brenda. :slight_smile: Great colours in that Jelly, GK.

Hello Tessa :slight_smile:

Here are some snaps from my live drawing;

2 Likes

Had a little time on my hands on Saturday, waiting for another ewe to lamb so did a little watercolour of this new Mum and her baby girl …

This was the ewe waiting, she had a lovely boy lamb today …

2 Likes

Great work Lowri and Clare (?)…welcome to our thread Clare…x

1 Like