May art chat thread

A new month for you to show your artwork and chat about anything art related.
Today I have a hand drawn cartoon greetings card

4 Likes

Hi Brenda, cute card. Its been a long time since I have been on this thread, I have a week off this week and made a concerted effort to pick up my brushes yesterday and do some painting I have very little stock left on here or over there and seem to have had a rund of art sales in last few weeks so thought I had better pull my finger out :wink: so yay for painting! Just listed this one

4 Likes

Hello! I’m trying to work out a process of printing a linoleum block image onto some canvas bags… but here’s the best print I’ve made so far:

4 Likes

another cartoon from me…time to get jogging ready for bikini wearing…ha ha

3 Likes

Good morning,that is a fun painting Brenda. I like the soft look @oraleashannonwhite, it’s probably just down to texture of the canvas plus thickness of ink. I have varying success with lino printing, not done any for ages though.

Added a few ACEO’s now too

2 Likes

great work everyone.
another cartoon today

2 Likes

Hello May!

I can’t believe we’re 5 months into 2017 already.
I’ve spent most of it working through an Artist Identiti Crisis… i think I’m finally out at the other end now. Ive found a way to ‘mix it up’ a bit without straying too far from what I’ve been doing. It involves the base of each drawing being black drawing ink in various forms. Here’s a piece I’ve worked on today, got some more detailed ones on the work table at the moment.

2 Likes

Lowri…as I looked at your painting…guess what I was eating?..a Yum yum…lol

1 Like

What do you think about my last published painting? Is it good, bad or ugly?

2 Likes

nice one, I’ve pinned one looking like this to my board “contemporary art daily” :slight_smile: here is the link

15635 Pins
5138 Followers

Just follow me on Pinterest, I’ll invite you to participate on this board.

1 Like

@oraleashannonwhite the bag is looking very good. Well done :slight_smile:

Hi all, hope you’re having a nice weekend. I’ve been working on another watercolour Stag, he’ll take you on in a staring competition, bet you blink first…

1 Like

just popping in to bump the thread.
Had a few days of feeling off colour so haven’t done much painting…back shortly once I get my mojo back x

Nice to see everyone’s been busy… Brenda, you deserve the time off! You need it to re charge the inspiration sometimes. :slight_smile:

Here are a few of pieces I made over the weekend.

3 Likes

thank you Lowri…very hard work looking after a hubby that cannot do anything for himself…
I do get a break when he is at hospital 3 times a week and tomorrow I am going to town by bus for the first time in 45 years!!!, We made the conscious decision to sell my car because I cannot get out enough to make it worthwhile. The RAC< MOT<INsurance etc is due at the end of this month and I only did 900 miles last year…so it will be cheaper to use the buses and taxis…and by not paying those bills will give me some money in the bank. No more worrying about parking, yellow lines, car breakdowns etc…brilliant.
Love your weird and wonderful artwork…keep it up…

1 Like

Hi!
I hope it’s ok to show my photography here and that counts as art…

4 Likes

You are more than welcome to the thread Roxanne…I love foxes and we have them in our garden at night time…we save all our scraps of food for them during the day.

I did this custom order hand painted cartoon card for a lady today

4 Likes

Hi all, I’ve been working on a pair of paintings for the bathroom now I’ve finally finished it. Say hello to Mr Crabby, A4 watercolour. I have a jellyfish to do.

3 Likes

feeling crabby eh Graham…great work