Mismatched earrings

Hi, I’ve been working on these mismatched earrings to go into my kinetic Twiddly range. Only a WIP at the mo. I’m quite old fashioned and maybe a bit ocd. Do odd earrings work??

2 Likes

I’m currently wearing mismatched studs and only wear matched earrings if I’m going out. In my experience the people who wear mismatched earrings tend to be those with multiple piercings who would wear eg 2 studs and a drop and I think these would appeal to them.

1 Like

I only ever wear mismatched earrings. (I’m 27 if this helps you) haha my ears are pierced twice each and I wear earrings daily- just studs. But they never ever match. 4 different earrings every day for me whether I’m going out or not. I have several I like so like to wear them all!! Haha
Mind you- I am the least OCD person in the world I’ve been told!! Haha

1 Like

I like mismatched earrings, I don’t wear earrings now but I used to often mix and match, I remember my moon and star were the favorites at one time.
It would be good to use asymmetrical earrings as a tag.

1 Like

Studs, yes (5 in each ear). Dangly, mmm not so much.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely.

There are a pair of pearl and diamond studs with one black pearl and one white pearl in one of the museum collections that belonged to Wallis Simpson back in the 1930’s, so designers have been doing this for a long time.

I made these earrings a little while ago, one pair for my Mum and another pair to sell.

and there are also lots of examples on Pinterest. It is a style that has become quite trendy at the moment.

Love Sam x

1 Like

I absolutely love those @Birdandmonkey . Shame that I don’t suit earrings : (

1 Like

Definitely! Although I wear odd socks too so might not be the best person to ask.

1 Like

Odd socks are a must :slight_smile:

2 Likes