October Art Chat Thread 2019

The place to chat about and showcase all things art related, your art listings, stuff you haven’t listed, work in progress, or just a chat about arty things.
I’'m already excited about this years Landscape Artist of the Year 2019, starting on Sky Arts on October 15th.
I don’t know if this landscape would win any competitions… Finnygook Beach, Portwrinkle, near my home in Cornwall.

1 Like

Work in progress… an ink sketch of the harbour beach at St. Ives, Cornwall. I have been applying watercolour washes since I took this picture, but this has been one of those weeks where there haven’t been enough hours in the day to finish it so far.

Good work Chris, its looking like a slow start to the month for us painters!
Here’s an Otter watercolour I just listed…

3 Likes

Love the otter Graham @GKWatercolourArt. Yes, it has been very quiet here so far. Ihave jsut completed this pen and wash of St. Ives, Cornwall.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m finding these darker evenings a bit gloomy … So I’m going to brighten them up drawing some seasonal Pumpkins. Just got out all my yellow and orange pencils!

Went to Mottisfont NT last week and they have an amazing pergola walk now where they grow squashes in all sizes shapes and colours. They come in an astonishing variety,

1 Like

back from a short break in Devon…I will be back with something to show soon x

1 Like

Sidmouth is lovely. Hope you had a good time Brenda.

1 Like

I wish I could tell you the Sage of the holiday Chris , but we would be here for hours…lol…
https://folksy.com/items/7335228-original-art-fantasy-butterfly-acrylic-painting-ref-F-934-

1 Like

Puffin, watercolour on hot pressed paper.

5 Likes

I love this puffin, they are just so full of character and you’ve captured it so well!

2 Likes

great work folks…keep them coming x

Bluebells today…
https://folksy.com/items/7335341-original-art-watercolour-painting-ref-F-935-

2 Likes

More paintings for a local shop rather than my Folksy one, but they’re having their Christmas launch next weekend so I had to get snowy…

4 Likes

those are SO cute Kim x

1 Like

Thanks, Brenda :blush: Now I just need to do some for here.

1 Like

A quick couple of paintings I did Sunday morning. Once they are dry they will be framed and listed. :wink:

Although I think I will try to make the white of the flower stand out abit more!!

6 Likes

they are lovely Sharon x

1 Like

@konyskiw these are gorgeous!
@TreetopArt You could offer these as a pair as well as singly - If you do a listing for both at a bit cheaper than the combined price, someone might well decide to have them.
@teabreaks Bluebells! we have to get through all that frost and snow yet…

I sold a greetings card yesterday which I’m sure was directly from being tagged for the Theme of the Day (seedpods). I always get loads of impressions when I can meet the Theme, so turning one into a sale was really nice.

5 Likes

well done Helen,. @HelenCliffordArt …the bluebells were from earlier this year…I have 0ver 200 items in my shop, so I am renumbering them and re listing them one at a time…could take a while x

Yeah good idea @HelenCliffordArt and congrats on the sale :clap::clap::clap: