Post office

i’m beginning to think post offices hate me.
I have moved house and went to the small post office to send a customers order using large letter online postage label.The post box was tiny so had to wait in the queue. The teller refused to take it
saying they dont deal with royal mail click drop., I would have to take it to the sorting office
I told them I have had no problem before and she said my post office shouldnt have accepted them.
I told her I was confused and I would be going to another post office and she said it would be interesting to see what they say.
so went to my former post office and they took my letter no problem
They said the teller was getting confused with new legislation which recently came into effect a few weeks ago
She should accept normal 1st and 2nd class online postage and also signed for but if I was to use online tracking service I would have to go to sorting office
Maybe she didnt look at my label correctly but so annoying. The shop was a mess with boxes everywhere . looks like I am going to maybe have to travel the extra distance to my old post office

Doesn’t sound like the person knew what they were doing?

Makes you feel they are not the best place to trust your packages to.

Have you been back and told them what was said. I know I would.

1 Like

That’s not good news, how annoying to have to travel further when you shouldn;t have to.

1 Like

i will be going back Eileen I usually need to post every day and will see if they say anything at least I know my facts now
And yes dont feel as if my packages will be safe in that shop

When we were looking for a new home we were wanting a post office nearby and although its only a 15 minute drive , to my former post office it extra petrol and time

You are so right. Posting cost don’t just include the price we pay at the post office counter.

Thankfully mines only a 10minute walk from my house.

Time is money though and wear and tear on cars shoe leather, bicycle parts, petrol all are price factors when it comes to postage.

1 Like

I had a similar problem regarding large letter post.

One post office wouldn’t send anything by large letter if it had a customs sticker showing the contents (usually earrings in my case) even though it was large letter size they would insist that it went small parcel (more expensive). They said it could only go large letter if it only contained a letter.

The other post office would happily send my parcels as large letter regardless of contents.

I queried it with Royal Mail customer service who said that Large Letter determines the size not the contents. I asked them to confirm that to me by email and I carried a print out of that email with me for proof. I only had to show it once and haven’t had a problem since.

1 Like

yes I had a problem with large letters to usa , one teller told me it wasnt necessary for a customs label but I took a print oit like you to the po but never saw her again!

update went back to post office and before I could say anything she apologized she was wrong,she had phoned royal mail and she now knew what she could accept . She was really nice about it so I feel much happier now!

2 Likes